Im new to the Forum, WHATS UP! and HELP!

In2myCobra

Established Member
Hey guys my name is Duncan (In2myCobra) and im 18 years old. I am a proud owned of an 01' SVT Cobra. I bought the car around 2 months ago, when something tragic happened. I spun a bearing after only 1,600 miles. I never drove hard on the car and babied the hell out of it. So now Ford is saying i never purchased the "Cobra" with a warranty (which i did), but that's another story.

Anyway, i am rebuilding the engine my self after getting numerous quotes that were way over 9k! (who has that kind of money!). My friends and I have been able to get the engine and tranny out of the car. The engine is on a stand, ready for the heads to come off! I have several pictures to "upload" but they will come later when the engine and tranny are back in the car.

I plan on staying N/A, and boring the walls .020 out (if needed). Im just not sure on how the whole "compression" measurement works. I plan on using J-E Forged pistons with Forged Eagle H-Beams, i'm PRAYING my crank is okay but im prepared for the worst, which in this case ill use a Ford Racing Cast Iron Crank.

If some one could explain Compression readings/measurements that would be great and what cc pistons to use?!?!

Thanks, EVERYONE
!I plan on being an active member of this great community!

Users who are viewing this thread