Im new on here just looking arround. (pics of my car)

t66turbo

Car Designer in Training
Established Member
If it were me I wouldn't drive it. thats a long drive and like you said if something goes wrong you have nowhere to work on it. not to mention a nice car like that I'd hate to see left outside lol. I'd invest in a cheap beater. I have a turbo cobra and i don't trust it leaving my area let alone driving that far. and "knock on wood" besides my trans breaking a few weeks ago the car runs strong, but with modded cars you always have to expect for them to break.

yea i agree. Just after putting 2k miles on it, the turbo needs rebuilt. Thats mostly my faught for not putting wheel lines in during a rain storm, but I see what ur saying. I'll just have to sit her down and explain y I shouldnt bring it up. She has the money, I dont, Im a broke college student now.

She just got down buying me tires, guages and misc parts to get it running so we could bring it up.

t66turbo

Car Designer in Training
Established Member
You lost me. What were you trying to say?

MY turbo sucked in water during bad rainstorm and now leaks oil and has excessive shaft play. The turbo has to be rebuilt now. 1slohawk mentioned that modded cars tend to break from time to time. Just as my car did after 2k miles.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Wheel lines = Wheel well liners/splash guards. -Is what he meant.

I'd say drive it. It's what it's for. If something goes wrong, you'll figure it out. I drove my first turbo 93 for 80,000 miles while turbocharged and rarely had an issue. Road trips, daily, snow and everything.

stangbear427

Established Member
Oh. They can do a lot more than that... just six years of driving without one rotten out my whole door jamb below the A-pillar in my GT.

t66turbo

Car Designer in Training
Established Member
Wheel lines = Wheel well liners/splash guards. -Is what he meant.

I'd say drive it. It's what it's for. If something goes wrong, you'll figure it out. I drove my first turbo 93 for 80,000 miles while turbocharged and rarely had an issue. Road trips, daily, snow and everything.

sorry. yes wheel liners

Users who are viewing this thread