I'm baaack!

Andy M

Established Member
Guys,

I'm back! :banana: Ok, it is not an R, but the next best thing. I purchased David's (03 Cobra Toy on the board) '03 Cobra Coupe this afternoon. It is a terrific car and I am very happy to have it sitting inside my garage. Those of you who know David know how meticulous :rockon: he is and how much time and energy went into making this car the best of both worlds - a very drivable street car and a totally scary fast track machine - all in one package.

I will post pics when I get time this weekend but wanted you all to know that Tammy and I are already planning an away track event next year some time. I just need to get a trailer to haul my new snake around to the track. So, if any of you know of a good used open trailer for sale, please let me know.

I had actually been on the prowl for a couple of months for a track only car but in the end, Tammy and I both felt this car would best fit our needs in the short term. With my work schedule and our family schedule, there is no way I could really enjoy a track only car more than 2-3 weekends per year. So, buying this particular car just made sense. It is a great car and I feel privileged to own it! :D

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
good to hear you are back in the saddle.

I've seen the car for sale for a while on the board and thought about contacting him about it a few months back before I bought my 10th Anniv. Coupe.

I hope it has all of the cooling mods done. It seems the Terminators don't like to make long sessions at full power otherwise.

What all mods does it have? I can see '00R Brembos and a Rollbar....

Andy M

Established Member
Daryl,

Dude, the list of mods is very long and distinguished on this car! David took care of the cooling issues early on with the Evans cooling system upgrade. I've driven this car on track at full song and it is truly an amazing car. Full compliment of the right go fast and handle well parts - including Maximum Motorsports coilovers and control arms. It is truly a Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde car. You can take it to the grocery store in comfort and then go out to the track and let it all hang out with the R gang and not be embarrased. It is a great car and I feel very privileged to own it.

Here is the mods list.....

ENGINE HORSEPOWER
466.6 SAE @ REAR WHEELS

ENGINE TORQUE
460.3 SAE @ REAR WHEELS

ENGINE MODIFICATION:
2.93 SUPERCHARGER UPPER PULLEY
BILLETFLOW SUPERCHARGE IDLER KIT
JLT COLD AIR KIT
PORTED THROTTLE BODY
PHP INTERCOOLER HEAT EXCHANGER WITH COOLING FANS
BASSANI OFF ROAD X- PIPE WITH MIL ELIMINATORS
MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK SYSTEM
AUTOLOGIC DYNO TUNED CHIP
EVANS RELOCATED THERMOSTAT
EVANS COOLANT INLET WITH OIL COOLER BYPASS
EVANS WATER PUMP WITH NPG-R COOLANT
FLUIDYNE ALUMINUM RADIATOR
CANTON ALUMINUM HEAT EXCHANGE RESERVIOR
CANTON ALUMINUM COOLANT RESERVIOR
CANTON 9QT ROAD RACING OIL PAN
CUSTOM MOCAL ENGINE OIL COOLER WITH FAN
TRANSMISSION / CLUTCH MODIFICATIONS:
MGW SHIFTER
STEEDA DOUBLE HOOK CLUTCH QUADRANT
STEEDA ADJUSTABLE CABLE WITH FIREWALL ADJUSTER
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORT CLUTCH PEDAL ADJUSTER
SPEC III CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE
UNDERCARRIAGE:
ALL UNDERCARRIAGE HAS BEEN PAINTED SILVER AND CLEAR COATED
KENNY BROWN EXTREME SUBFRAME SYSTEM, FRONT AND REAR STRUT TOWER BRACE
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORT LOWER K-MEMBER BRACE
BRAKES:
BREMBO 00R FRONT BRAKE KIT WITH 2-PIECE SLOTTED ROTORS
PERFORMANCE FRICTOIN 01 FRONT BRAKE PADS
SHM 00R FRONT CARBON FIBER COOLING DUCTS
PERFORMANCE FRICTION 98 REAR BRAKE PADS
FRONT SUSPENSION:
BILSTEIN FRONT STRUTS RACE VALVED
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS FRONT COIL-OVERS
HYPERCOIL SPRINGS 450LB/IN
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS FRONT CONTROL ARMS WITH DELRIN BUSHINGS
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS SOLID STEERING SHAFT AND URETHANE RACK BUSHINGS
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS CASTER/CAMBER PLATES
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS ADJUSTABLE TIE ROD ENDS
STEEDA 35MM TUBULAR SWAY BAR
REAR SUSPENSION:
K-MEMBER AND UPPER/LOWER CONTROL ARMS PAINTED SILVER AND CLEAR COATED
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORT REAR K-MEMBER URETHANE BUSHINGS
KENNY BROWN DIFFERENTIAL BUSHINGS
BILSTEIN REAR SHOCKS WITH RACE SPEC-2 VALVING
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS REAR COIL-OVERS
HYPERCOIL SPRINGS 650LB/IN
KENNY BROWN IRS INNER TIE ROD STEERING KIT
MAXIMUM MOTORSPORT OUTER TIE ROD KIT
CUSTOM REAR SWAY BAR END LINKS
DELRIN UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS
DIFFERENTIAL:
TRUETRAC LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
DELRIN DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING MOUNT
HEICOILED AND ROLL PINED DIFFERENTIAL COVER
INTERIOR:
BOOST GAUGE OVERLAY
AUTOMETER GAUGES OIL PRESSURE, OIL TEMP, COOLANT TEMP, DIFFERENTAIL TEMP
CUSTOM ROLL BAR
G-FORCE 5-POINT SAFETY HARNESS WITH MODIFIED FACTORY SEATS
HALON 2.5lb FIRE EXTINGUISHER
REAR SEAT DELETE KIT
OTHER MODS:
FRONT AND REAT SPOILER
CLEAR BRA ON THE HOOD AND FRONT BUMPER

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Yeah Andy thats a looooonnng list of mods to the car and very "nice" ones too. I can understand your excitement about it. That Terminator ought to handle the job just fine.

Are you planning to add a good diff. cooler to it???? Thats the only thing off the top of my head that I did not see that you might want to add.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Andy:

I'm speechless!!! :bowdown:

Freaking awesome!!!!! :dancenana::dancenana:

Great car! Congrats! Hope to see you at the track again soon!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Yeah Andy thats a looooonnng list of mods to the car and very "nice" ones too. I can understand your excitement about it. That Terminator ought to handle the job just fine.

Are you planning to add a good diff. cooler to it???? Thats the only thing off the top of my head that I did not see that you might want to add.
This might be one of my first add on mods at some point.

By the way, where exactly in TX are you located? just wondering how close you are to us Houston folk?

Andy M

Established Member
Andy:

I'm speechless!!! :bowdown:

Freaking awesome!!!!! :dancenana::dancenana:

Great car! Congrats! Hope to see you at the track again soon!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:
Bruce,

Expect to see Tammy and I at the track some time next year if possible. We are already discussing the possibility of joining all you crazy track whores at Barber next April if it works out. Man, you have no idea how crazy fast this car is on the track!:rockon: I've driven it at TWS and MSRH and it is scary fast on the track!

Can't wait to see you guys again!!! I've missed the track scene a whole lot since selling the R and it sure feels great to be back!

wheelhopper

Established Member
How does that car ride on the street? I have 375# springs on the front and 575# in the rear. I can't imagine going much stiffer.

Andy M

Established Member
How does that car ride on the street? I have 375# springs on the front and 575# in the rear. I can't imagine going much stiffer.
While it is of course quite a bit stiffer than a stock car, I don't think it is at all too stiff for frequent street driving. Of course, my point of reference is somewhat already skewed as my R was pretty stiff as well. So, I am already used to it. As Bruce has put it many times, you cannot have your cake and eat it to. You simply must understand that having great handling and still maintain the soft cushy ride are not possible at the same time. I am of course fine with losing ride quality in favor of terrific handling - which this car has in bucket loads!! :rockon:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Andy,

Congrats on the new car. It will be great having you out there on track again. I can't imagine how excited you are about a vehicle back in the garage again. I do agree there are times I wish I could take the R out on the street at some of the events I go to when they have a "downtown cruise" or something.

Welcome back!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread