Im about to pull my hair out ....

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
Guys guys guys, take it easy. Nothing to get all worked up about.

It looks like you have enough to get into the 11's as long as the track prep and weather are good. You just need to whittle down those 60 fts. I was able to get into the 11's pretty consistently with basically the same mods. Personally, I'd ditch the slappers. I cut better 60ft times at that power level with longbars. You could also swap to Metco's. I was consistently cutting 1.60-1.62 60fts, so that right there would get you into the 11's. The Hoosier's are a decent tire, but they don't do quite as well as a Hoosier radial slick or a M/T Drag Radial in my experience. Swap out those bars and possibly the tires and work on those 60 fts and you'll be there.

Thanks bro :beer: the Hoosiers I have are the full slick tire so do you still think something else would be better? What do you think is better the Metco's or just longbars?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I would have to agree with some posters above me that the MPH trap was off for the first pass.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Thanks bro :beer: the Hoosiers I have are the full slick tire so do you still think something else would be better? What do you think is better the Metco's or just longbars?

I ran the same Hoosiers and they did ok. The might work for you. The best option is to run a 15" wheel and the tire options really open up. I ran the longbars for a long time and they worked well. I just now switched to the Metcos with the turbo build so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but I've heard nothing but good things.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Another option is Cal-Tracs, Im undecided on performance as of yet because I've only cut 1.670's on them so far with the 28" hoosiers (drags), I am almost positive that its the tire giving up or something in my suspension that causes me to spin lately.

My friend (Mike Corrigan on here) cut 1.5's on the mickey thompson drag radials on 18" stock rims so I believe when I replace my hoosier 28x16's I'm gonna try putting the 28" Mickey thompson drag radials on my 16" Baja's

Im still using the 3.55's that came with my 2000 so I dont really want to go to a 30" tire.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Another option is Cal-Tracs, Im undecided on performance as of yet because I've only cut 1.670's on them so far with the 28" hoosiers (drags), I am almost positive that its the tire giving up or something in my suspension that causes me to spin lately.

My friend (Mike Corrigan on here) cut 1.5's on the mickey thompson drag radials on 18" stock rims so I believe when I replace my hoosier 28x16's I'm gonna try putting the 28" Mickey thompson drag radials on my 16" Baja's

Im still using the 3.55's that came with my 2000 so I dont really want to go to a 30" tire.

I think youll see a better 60' today. Maybe its the 28" tires holding you back.

DolSVT00

Established Member
I'd also like to add, Important: If your not spinning, you can waste all the money you want on suspension just to be dissapointed!

If your 60's are crap and youre not spinning, you just don't have the power out the hole to get the 60' and thats the bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread