Ike is outahere!

Andy M

Established Member
Folks,

Well, the Houston area took a severe beating from Hurricane Ike, but we made it ok. My home is fine except for a tree from my neighbor's yard falling into my pool. We have no power (as most of the city is without power) but I have my generator running and have plenty of gas to get us through the week if need be. I will post some pics once I get them downloaded. Just wanted you all to know we made it! Boy, it sure was rough going though. Galveston and everything in the Bay (Kemah, the ship channel, etc..) took a severe hit though. It is just a real mess everywhere with trees down, limbs, broken glass on the highrise buildings downtown, etc..

another update later....

1993R

Established Member
Andy,
I got hit by Andrew so I have been there before. Glad to hear you made it ok. Hope you have some firearms available. The police etc will be tied up for weeks and crime sky rockets after these things.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
I just finished cleaning the debris from Hanna here in coastal NC. I've been thru a number of Hurricanes and Tropical Storms. Its not fun. Hang in Andy. Glad to see things are well.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Joe lost power early on in the hurricane as well. He said the neighbors on each side had generators. I know on Dolly down here the biggest pain was not having electric. If you can't keep your fridge and a couple of fans on to keep you comfortable that is one miserable existance with power. We went almost 3 days without it. I can't imagine 2+ weeks.

Glad you are OK.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread