If you were offered...

Cammin4V

Established Member
$50,000 for a year of being someone's personal assistant 24/7, would you do it? Im talking anything from laundry, dry cleaning, errands, making appointments, answering phone calls, absolutely anything they wanted.

Random question i heard the other day. Since most 1st year college graduates dont make that much in a year, i think i would jump on it, just to try it out and see how it worked.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
What age are we talking about? Is this more of a personal assistant or senior care?

If it is senior care, better get yourself a nice long nap first.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
So basically a slave? Can I be some hot girl's sex slave, and fulfil all her sexual desires? I'd do that for free.. :)

But depending on who it was, and if they abused their power or not, I would definitely consider it.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Even if you were a slave, you'd have to live there with free room and board. That's like taking care of your mom and getting paid for it.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Well now....if you put it like that. :thumbsup:

It's not always the case, but do you know of anyone that has a PA? I do. One of my clients has a PA and he lives in a modest $1.6M home. :D

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Yes, but only if they covered living expenses outside of the $50k. Housing, food, gas, etc.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
24/7? I couldn't handle not having any free time. If I got nights and weekends off I'd do the shit out of it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
see its the 24/7 that sux

you would essentially never have any time off for you to just relax. who knows they might wake you up at 4 in the morning to wipe their ass (that's figurately, i hope not literally)

or another way to look at it... at 50k a yr being someones personal hand puppet for 8 hrs a day at at regular job, your deal equates to 16.6k per year - still WITH NO TIME OFF!!

phuck that

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Cammin4V said:
I am talking about a personal assistant, for a wealthy 30-50 year old person. Could be male, could be female.

First thing is where is the position? Next is do you have specific hours (40 hours/wk) or are you expected to shadow this person 24/7? So the only time you are off is when he/she is sleeping?

How are you with being bossed around? Do you mind running menial errands?

$50K isnt good pay if you are working 80 hours a week.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I agree. I'd ask to see some kind of contract and expectations. I wouldn't do it but it might work out for you if you get time off and no bills to pay. If you do decide to take it........tell them through in some strippers every Friday and they've got a deal.

04 Redline

Established Member
When I started at my dealership, I was a sales assistant for a 45 car-a-month guy. I learned a lot, but in reality, I was his biach. I learned that although it was easy money, there was no way to better or improve myself. Unless there is some opportunity to advance, don't do it.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
depends on the slave-master but if they were nice i'd do it. you could establish a good friendship then it'd just be like being one of your friends' bitch. 50k a year ain't bad. and if it's some rich person you could end up with some unexpected perks.

but what do you mean 24/7? you're on call 24 hours a day? there'd have to be a limit like 8 hours accumulatively in any 24 hour period or 40 a week set or something.

taronis

Banned
Cammin4V said:
$50,000 for a year of being someone's personal assistant 24/7, would you do it? Im talking anything from laundry, dry cleaning, errands, making appointments, answering phone calls, absolutely anything they wanted.

Random question i heard the other day. Since most 1st year college graduates dont make that much in a year, i think i would jump on it, just to try it out and see how it worked.

You mean like Wayland Smithers?

Users who are viewing this thread