If you use a Sig P320 you should read this

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
video in the link as well

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/sig-p320-drop-test-fire/

Drop Fire Issue Reported On P320
Testing done on a Sig Sauer P320 by Omaha Outdoors indicates that there is a reproducible issue with the firearm in which it can fire when dropped.

Omaha Outdoors sells firearms and shooting accessories, so it is in their best interest financially to keep selling the P320. Instead, the company has announced that they will stop selling the firearm until the safety issue is addressed.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Well, it might be in their best interest to sell the gun, but if they also sell a modified light trigger, it is also in their interest that they can sell that too. Not saying that is their intent, but I am playing devils advocate.

I have a Mass compliant 320. If it isn't aimed and ready to fire, the safety is on. The safety on the 320 is actually nice, if you slide your finger over the slide while you gain a grip on the gun your hand will push the safety down and settle into a nice grip.
I know many people aren't a fan of thumb safety but I have gotten used to it, all my handguns have them. When you get used to it, you just instinctively knock it off quick as you go to fire. It sure as hell makes me more comfortable for the times I have chosen to appendix carry.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I have never been a fan of striker fired handguns and have always preferred a hammer!
Everyone has a preference. I like some hammer fired guns but I have found the striker to be very nice with a consistent light and smooth trigger. I do like the feel of SAO gun, especially since I am used to having a thumb safety.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Well, it might be in their best interest to sell the gun, but if they also sell a modified light trigger, it is also in their interest that they can sell that too. Not saying that is their intent, but I am playing devils advocate.

I have a Mass compliant 320. If it isn't aimed and ready to fire, the safety is on. The safety on the 320 is actually nice, if you slide your finger over the slide while you gain a grip on the gun your hand will push the safety down and settle into a nice grip.
I know many people aren't a fan of thumb safety but I have gotten used to it, all my handguns have them. When you get used to it, you just instinctively knock it off quick as you go to fire. It sure as hell makes me more comfortable for the times I have chosen to appendix carry.

I carry with one in the chamber with the hammer cocked and safety on. Just prefer my carry guns that way.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
@Iamchris RE: SAO Hammer guns; I am partial to them, its what I learned on, that definitely has a lot to do with it. I do have one striker fired XD in the collection and its ok, that first shot has a lot of trigger creep, but follow-ups are shorter and crisp. I probably need to look into a trigger kit for that gun.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Interesting, especially considering the Army is buying around 280,000 of these, with other agencies likely hopping on board as well.

Intervention302

Established Member
I didnt know they could have a slide safety...

I love my P320, but would honestly prefer a slide safety. I dont like carrying with one in the chamber and I'm pretty confident a safety click is faster/easier than racking one in

Intervention302

Established Member

I love my P320, but would honestly prefer a slide safety. I dont like carrying with one in the chamber and I'm pretty confident a safety click is faster/easier than racking one in
Obligatory p320 picture with a "unicorn" of a grip module. A FDE in small, because not all of us have huge ass hands. I really.like how I can get a better wrap with the small grip

Usually keep the Sig for my car and carry my sr9c, but would definitely feel more comfortable carrying the Sig with a manual safety

Especially after watching this video.

It was almost nerve-wracking watching them drop it without a rig. Better be sure about your drop angle if a live round going to go off
3ac46b575341682aa00f88b348b3f6a6.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Cumbersome101

Established Member
I think just about any gun can be prone to firing when dropped just saying. This one might be a little worse.... but as long as people are treating thier firearms with respect I don't see where a accidental fire will be a issue. Basically with what I am saying is I bet it's very highly unlikely. Something happens like this to the right person and so much is misconceived and blown out of proportion.

Anyone shot or own a Styer m9?

There is a gun for everyone and the sig is not for me. Just like the S&w isn't. I got shoot the heck out of glock 17 though.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
https://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action

Glock 17/19/34 > P320

If your finger is not on the trigger the pistol WILL NOT discharge. Concealed carry is as easy as making sure the trigger is cover by the holster.

TRAINING is what makes a pistol, of any type, safe. Navy SEALs are now equipping themselves with Glock 19s, and the pistol is standard issue in the militarys of many European countries.

I believe the Army and all armed forces that adopted the P320 over the Glock because of cost will regret that decision. Forces that need the 9mm cartridge would have loved the G19. Units that needed the 45 ACP would have loved the G30.

Of course if everyone stopped being pussies and adopted the 10mm full power cartridge, none of this would be an issue....

Brutal Metal

Established Member

Have you watched any of the "Active self defense" video's on You Tube? Many of them show CCW holders firing in split second situations, if the safety was on most of them would be dead. Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread