If you had to drive a different car??

Which car could you trade down to from a Cobra?

• 02-04 Mustang GT

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 03-04 Mach 1

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • 03-04 Acura TSX

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 04-05 Acura RSX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 03-04 Nissan 350Z

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • 03-04 Lexus IS300

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • 03 Mitsubishi Evolution

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • 03-04 Subaru WRX

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • 05 Volvo S80

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 02-04 Audi A4

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

rmgtc01

Established Member
Okay, I may once again be getting rid of my car in order to save money for a house and pay some bills now that I have a job again. I was looking into what other cars I would be okay with driving, and I can't decide. I can't not imagine not driving a mustang, let alone going down from a cobra. I drove a 270rwhp 03 mustang GT. It didn't even feel like it was moving (no offense to anyone). In fact I had brief moments of Horsepower withdrawl.

The guidelines are:
- no more than $17k to spend new or used.(keep in mind ~5k equity in cobra, so price tag no larger than $22k.) looking for a car payment around $300-350.
- Less than 25k miles
-good to decent gas mileage
-reliable (I will drive about 16000 miles a year)
-Some kind of peppy power, but doesn't have to have major balls.

Please vote on what I have thought of or post another alternative.

Thanks...

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Not only could I imagine not driving a Mustang, I've never owned a foreign car and don't plan to. I came to the Cobra from a '02 triple black GT 'vert and would go back if I had to. With some bolt-on's, they can be peppy and still have some classic Mustang aura. Good luck to you.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
#1 Standered WRX wagon. got lots of space, gas milage is good, AWD still has performance.... cheap as well.

#2 USED IS300 good gas, toyota (lexus) reliability

#3 Used SC300 (in manual if you can find it) thigs have balls stock and they are luxurious and gas savy.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
my vote
555707_25_full.jpg

555707_30_full.jpg

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
I went to buy a Mach 1 the day I bought the Cobra but it had already been sold and they forgot to remove the ad. Guess it all worked out pretty well anyway.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i'm a big fan of the F-250 turbo diesel.....i know that's not one of your choices but those engines will last forever, they can make some power, and they are very versatile

rmgtc01

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
i'm a big fan of the F-250 turbo diesel.....i know that's not one of your choices but those engines will last forever, they can make some power, and they are very versatile

Thanks Lethal....everything's bigger in Texas.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Your 03 Cobra is only worth about $25,000 so I do not see that you are going to save a lot of money by buying a car worth $22,000. Why don't you just refinance it?

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
well since i dont have a terminator i will chose that for sure

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The only one I would choose would be the Mach 1..

HOWEVER!!!

There was no choice for an STI Subaru... :banana: :rockon: :pepper:

Can't you get a used one in your price range??? :shrug:
I drove a friends once and was extremely impressed!!! :rockon: :p

The WRX is still a very good choice though...

Still I wonder if you are even going to come out ahead in this deal... :shrug:

Anytime you trade a car... it just always seems like it's always just another "take it in the shorts" session... :nonono:

Last edited:

rwhp

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
those f 250 4x4 turbo diesel trucks are sweet!! im getting ready to buy me one in a couple of months...gas prices are a bitch :rollseyes

TEABG

Banned
LTHL VNM said:

You are from TX ,of course you like F-250 ... Do you have a gun rack in yours ? :thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
why don't you go drive one you smartass and maybe you'll see what i'm talking about. oh i forgot, you f*ckin california tree huggers think they kill the environment
and about the gun rack, i'm suprised you know what that is. do they even allow guns in the state of fruits and nutts?

TEABG

Banned
LTHL VNM said:
why don't you go drive one you smartass and maybe you'll see what i'm talking about. oh i forgot, you f*ckin california tree huggers think they kill the environment
and about the gun rack, i'm suprised you know what that is. do they even allow guns in the state of fruits and nutts?

I was just kidding, JEEZ. CAN I HAVE A TAKE BACK ?

Users who are viewing this thread