If you don't have a Aeroforce Interceptor shame on you!

nooner

Established Member
PLX has a multi guage with ODBII that will display up to 6 different parameters at once and also has the option for displaying custom guage displays for single guage functions.

PLX Devices

black 10th vert

Established Member
do they have a warranty thats worth talking about? I want aeroforce for params that normal gauges just dont check.

In my case warrantys are kind of a joke because of the limited miles. I can install something that might only see a few hundred miles, then the car sits for another 6 months, because I live in the N.E. In the case of the waranty, mine was non-existent by the time it failed, so they told me that I could mail it in, they would charge a troubleshooting fee, then either for whatever repairs were needed, or a complete replacement. I decided that I would just wait for a used pair to come up in the classifieds, or just buy a new set for next season, rather than dumping money into this unit.

That troubles me, as my car too is a big time garage queen. I really want to purchase one of these Aeroforce gauges but if it's only going to last me one season before it craps out and them I'm stuck footing the bill to fix it, I'll pass.

I would buy it though if they extended the warranty to 5 years like Speedhut. Those at Aeroforce...are you listening??? :read:

Well, they seem to be very hit, or miss. Some people seem to have great results and longevity, where others, like myself, end up with a dud. I kind of think of them like Sony products... you either end up with the best, or it's a problematic piece of crap.:rollseyes

PLX has a multi guage with ODBII that will display up to 6 different parameters at once and also has the option for displaying custom guage displays for single guage functions.

PLX Devices

That looks like a pretty sweet alternative, because it has a highly customizable graphic display. I really like these, thanks for posting.;-)

Last edited:

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
i ordered mine from Lethal (this was last year mind you), and they were in the box with the rest of my order.

now the S.O.S. pod was another story... was on back order forever it seemed like.

i did have a problem with the connector to the second gauge though. it would flash the LEDs but then nothing. so what i did was swap the 2 gauges and low and behold the one the worked on the first connector, didn't work on the second connector. and the one that didn't work fired right up. i emailed AeroForce about the problem and let them know what i found and they promptly sent me out a replacement cable.

i do notice when i let the Cobra sit in the sun if the cabin temps get up there like in summer, the LCD screen is very faint. now i do leave the windows cracked and i have 15% tint all the way around so it's not terribly hot.

i really hope these last. i'll be pretty pissed if they crap out after only a year...

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Anyone have a phone number for aeroforce?

Someone else email them... I've emailed them so much that I'm starting to get replies that seem nearly automated..

Last edited:

CraigsSnake

Established Member
I have a perfectly working aeroforce gauge that I am selling if anyone is interested. I totaled my cobra so I don't need it anymore. $125.00 plus shipping if your interested.

Last edited:

Terminated03

Established Member
Are you guys still waiting on these backordered gauges?

I have been searching around to find anything similar to the functionality of these gauges, but they seem to be unique. I am in the market for gauges and despite some of the bad experiences, it seems like these gauges are the way to go. I know they dont have a good reliability record, but normally anyone who had a bad experience with a product will come out of the wood-work when a thread is praising the product.

I just ordered mine so I was hoping to get a heads-up on where everyone was on these. Hopefully they showed up by now. Also, lets hope any bugs were hammered out of them when the newer design came out.

I asked the Aeroforce gurus over in the Aeroforce forum some questions to hopefully get us some more info; feel free to check it out.

Aeroforce Technology Inc Technical Forums :: View topic - In the market for new gauges - a couple questions.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Still no gauge, I placed my order what is soon to be 6 months ago. (SEPTEMBER 14TH!)

I sent an email a few minutes ago, but if there isn't a reasonable ETA I am planning to just ask for a refund, and hopefully they'll pay for me to ship the wideband kit back, OR i've been scammed by what I thought was a reputable company.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It took them a couple of days to respond but I was told on Monday I believe it was that it looks like gauges would start shipping the end of this week. One of the vendors on another site said they were just waiting for the weather to clear up to make some WOT runs and verify everything again (if it were me I think Id just rent a dyno for that at this point)

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
It took them a couple of days to respond but I was told on Monday I believe it was that it looks like gauges would start shipping the end of this week. One of the vendors on another site said they were just waiting for the weather to clear up to make some WOT runs and verify everything again (if it were me I think Id just rent a dyno for that at this point)

I was told a similar story.. I hope that this is legit, as I've been told they'll ship at the "end of the week" for several months now. I'm losing faith but still would like to have a gauge..

This is a reply I received today:

we have had a host of problems with the new code for the old fords. we are currently in the final phases of testing the new code. The weather here in northeast ohio is going to make continuing to test today impossible. I believ we will be able to begin shipping gauges at the end of this week.
Thanks
Pat

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Says on the forum thread they will be shipping this week. Maybe I will buy a set of these after all.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Don't buy the PLX.
I bought one thought it would be a good alternative for the Aeroforce gauge, but it doesn’t show a lot of key Data. For example to name just a few, FRP, Fuel Pump Duty Cycle, IAT2 and ECU Voltage are not supported. The other problem is I tried to setup a warning for RPM to use it as a shift light and the problem is the update is so slow it’s not useful. I am going to be getting rid of this gauge. I guess I’ll give the Aeroforce gauges a try.

Users who are viewing this thread