If you could.......

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Anywhere in Arizona. I have a lot of family out there, do not mind the heat (been there during the worst of it for a long period of time), and like the nice weather year round minus some spots here and there. I can't stand humidity. 2nd to that would probably be somewhere like Charleston or Greenville, my grandmother lived in Charleston and I love the area but it can get humid.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Anywhere in Arizona. I have a lot of family out there, do not mind the heat (been there during the worst of it for a long period of time), and like the nice weather year round minus some spots here and there. I can't stand humidity. 2nd to that would probably be somewhere like Charleston or Greenville, my grandmother lived in Charleston and I love the area but it can get humid.

Wife's from STL. I'm from Charleston.

She melts in the summer time. Gets overheated quick. Generally can't handle it like most non-locals.

Meanwhile i'm in jeans, ariats, shirtless pounding beer mowing the lawn at 3 oclock on a hot July day.

The humidity takes a long time to adjust too.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Greenville, SC is one of the countries fastest growing cities. It has always been a great little city and only a 50 minute drive away from me. I get to enjoy it when I want without having to live with the higher cost of living or the amped up traffic. Of course its nothing like ATL traffic, but it might as well be compared to the small town I live in.

I love living here and will never leave... Born and raised. Lots of people come to the area to retire. Most of them buy lake houses here in Greenwood because the lakefront properties are so affordable compared to other lakes.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lots of people are saying Arizona and I fully agree with them but I've only ever spent time in Phoenix (Scottsdale mostly) and Lake Havasu City. IDK about you but if were to live at either year round I would need a pool and a boat and both have nearby large lakes to enjoy. As you are retiring, Lake Havasu City might be right up your alley. There is reasonably priced housing there too.

Also as previously mentioned, the San Antonio area is great and Canyon Lake isn't too far away if you are on the north side of the city. We also enjoyed a day trip to Corpus Christi if you'd like to be on the gulf but can't say much more about it.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I've been in Houston for 14 years now, Dallas and East Texas before that. When I retire I'll be looking out toward the Hill Country for sure. Burnet/Marble Falls area.

Mike's03Mach

Established Member
I've lived in Phoenix for 5 1/2 years and now have been in Tucson for 2 1/2 years. Phoenix is way better then Tucson in so many ways. I retire from the military in a few months. We'll stay in Tucson for a few more years, but we plan on moving to either Phoenix, Texas, Florida or Southern Alabama....Orange Beach.

Users who are viewing this thread