If you could.......

noco5.0

Established Member
Me and the wife love Myrtle beach. So much to do and the housing is pretty cheap.

We've been to the Low Country of South Carolina a couple of times. Georgetown which is south of Myrtle Beach was really nice and not as touristy. I also really like the Charleston area, but it's somewhat crowded and expensive. Great restaurants and a lot to do and see though.

My94GT

Established Member
If I were to leave Maryland for any reason I’d likely go to Texas. From what I’ve seen it’s beautiful and you can get some good land for your money.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
****, I dont know. I live in a place with 3mo of summer that everyone lives for and then we just enjoy the scenery of the mountains and water the rest of the time. Utah is the only place I have been to that comes close to offering as much as much or more so to me it seems like a great place.

Lol. Utah is a great place as long as you like winter cause they get a lot of it. And it’s cold during the winter.

lilcoop03

Established Member
SC, NC, GA...

Cheap cost of living, SC doesn't do inspections and you can run off road loud pipes if you're a car guy, cheap taxes, lakes, rivers, mountains, beaches all in a short drive... You can drive the racecar at least 11 months out of the year

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Central Texas anywhere between Round Rock .. an excellent spot and San Antonio.

^ This. Anything in the TX hill country. Marble Falls, Kerrville, Boerne, Wimberly etc. People are friendly, No state income tax (property tax can be high, especially in a suburb), gun rights are strong, car weather year round & plenty of lakes and rivers to enjoy. Personally I will retire and move to Canyon Lake.

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member
The border between NC and SC is one of the most beautiful areas of the US that I have seen. I would love to retire in Brevard NC someday. The whole stretch has a "easy mountain lodge living" feeling to it.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Seems like you should've had this planned out as part of retirement.

That aside, I'd probably go Texas, or northern Georgia. I'm also seriously considering the outskirts of Vegas.

Benefit of Texas or Nevada is no state and local taxes. I will say one thing about Vegas...you don't have to go too far outside of the hustle & bustle to be in no man's land. We live in Henderson and they are definitely still building out here, but there is an unlimited amount of land around. The city is condensed and once you get outside of it, you are all alone with the scorpions and coyotes (the animal, not the engine). The park where my son plays his flag football games is on the edge of civilization. I sit there in amazement because if I look in one direction all I see is sprawling Vegas and in the other direction nothing but desert as far as the eye can see.

I'd also say Arizona, but they have state taxes and believe it or not, during the summer when it is monsoon season it is a little hotter than Vegas (by about 3-5 degrees) and it has more humidity. It is still arid, but in the summer their humidity is much higher than ours.

The people in Vegas suck for the most part though...LOL

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
The people in Vegas suck for the most part though...LOL

F Vegas. I lived in Henderson 7 years (07-14). Most of my friends there can't wait to get out. That place gets more like Cali everyday.

Recon

Established Member
Be aware that the humidity in the south sucks. Mobile has my vote.

Pick your poison.

Coiled03

Established Member
F Vegas. I lived in Henderson 7 years (07-14). Most of my friends there can't wait to get out. That place gets more like Cali everyday.

I've got conservative friends that lived there for many years, and are looking to retire there, eventually. I go there at least once a year, usually more. It seems like a good place to live, to me.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Some people who are suggesting east TX/Houston area are crazy. Wouldn't you rather have 110 degrees with low humidity than 96 degrees with air so wet you can wring it out? I'll take the AZ heat over the east TX heat & humidity.
I was thinking more toward hill country, like San Antonio etc. Not disappointed with Arizona at all, but Texas does have a little more greenery.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hills of east TN or West NC, near Asheville, NC is a good locale.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Users who are viewing this thread