If Ford made an SVT Van...

Willens

Never finishes anythi
Established Member
Besides being the gravy train on biscuit wheels, what if Ford took the SVT team to the E series van? I think of how Chrysler tried a Turbo 2.5T Van from 89-91, and it's been one of those soup discussions other Ford enthusiasts and myelf have had for years. It doesn't necessarily need to be wheel-driven by a Heli Turbine, and run 10.95 @ 128mph in the 1320, but if Ford offered a box van in the low 20k range, and was all business for work purposes (and under the hood,) what would you want to see in a platform? If they aren't going to bring back the Panther frame, a man can dream...

turbine van 1/8 mile run - YouTube

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
rXiFhqY.gif

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SVT, no. However, the new Transit Connect is a good looking vehicle and I believe Ford is targeting it more towards the personal use market. An ST version (2.0L EcoBoost with 6 spd manual) of it would be very cool.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
SVT, no. However, the new Transit Connect is a good looking vehicle and I believe Ford is targeting it more towards the personal use market. An ST version (2.0L EcoBoost with 6 spd manual) of it would be very cool.

Looks to be too top heavy for a performance type car.

Personally, I would go with the Ford Flex and add a tune, cai and exhaust. Add coil-overs with some nice wheels = Done.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Looks to be too top heavy for a performance type car.

Personally, I would go with the Ford Flex and add a tune, cai and exhaust. Add coil-overs with some nice wheels = Done.

The Flex is a great car, and it would be high on my list of family trucksters. However, top heaviness isn't that great of a concern these days with all of the electronic aids that come packed into cars.

Users who are viewing this thread