If Ford built a new Marauder, would you buy it???t

How would you cook up a new Marauder???

• Keep it the same, just make it again (300+- HP 32v)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Keep it the same, but with a blown 4.6 Cobra Motor (400+- HP)

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Redesign & Update, with 300+- HP

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Redesign, Update, with Blown 4.6 Cobra Motor (400+- HP)

Votes: 65 71.4%

• Total voters

MENACE

Banned
01cobravortech said:
Nope. A Maurader, unless styled much differently, doesn't look unique enough to add it to my stable.

:lol:

:rolleyes: Ya, you could never park it next to your UNIQUE Mustang. :sleeping:

:poke: :kaboom:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
A new Marauder with a Lightning motor in it would be cool, but a new LIGHTNING with a Lightning motor in it would be better!!

04DarkShadowGT

Established Member
Isnt Ford stopping the production of the crown vic and grand marquis? They should make the 500 a little more agressive looking, make it have a 5.4 DOHC N/A with about 350hp, keep the awd, and add a manual tranny. Then make a supercharger option like the charger has the SRT-8 and RT version.

Last edited:

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
The CV and GM will be around till the end of the decade. After that is anyone's guess.
Now if Ford wants to raid Ford Australia, then bring this bad mofo over:

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?target=index.asp&link_id=2.161&type_id=61

04DarkShadowGT said:
Isnt Ford stopping the production of the crown vic and grand marquis? They should make the 500 a little more agressive looking, make it have a 5.4 DOHC N/A with about 350hp, keep the awd, and add a manual tranny. Then make a supercharger option like the charger has the SRT-8 and RT version.

MENACE said:
:lol:

:rolleyes: Ya, you could never park it next to your UNIQUE Mustang. :sleeping:

:poke: :kaboom:

You don't see Cobras any day, and My Cobra does look unique. Its anything but stock. I'm just not impressd witht eh marauder styling. They could better :poke:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
You don't see Cobras any day, and My Cobra does look unique. Its anything but stock. I'm just not impressd witht eh marauder styling. They could better :poke:

Tell you what I'll park my MM Stock on outside in with 100 other 2003 Grand Mrqs and you can park your Cobra Stock on outside in with 100 other V6/GT 2001 Stangs and we'll let 100 regular people look and see which one gets spotted or noticed most. Unless they'er all like Stevey Wonder your not going to bypass the Rauder. Thats my main beef with the Cobras they don't look any diff than a GT unless you know what your looking for to distiguish it from just a GT. Where if you wanted Bucket seats/Fog lamps dual exhaust with tips/ 18" polished rims and tires you had to step up to the Marauder.

Last edited:

bigslim

Established Member
crispy23c said:
I heard freshen in '08...that's all I know...
This is not a done deal. The Town Car that rides on the same chassis is going on the Five Hundred platform with an all-wheel-drive unibody platform. This leaves only the CV and GM that use this platform. There is talk down here at the Rouge Plant that the Frame will be closed and operations moved to the Stamping Plant. If this happens kiss the CV and GM goodbye. It would be too costly for Ford to move the paint system in the Frame Plant.

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
Slim tsk tsk tsk you know how talk is.... I'm not saying you're wrong, just I don't see Ford giving up the Police Interceptor to DCX just yet. But then again when has Ford done anything logically. :nonono:
bigslim said:
This is not a done deal. The Town Car that rides on the same chassis is going on the Five Hundred platform with an all-wheel-drive unibody platform. This leaves only the CV and GM that use this platform. There is talk down here at the Rouge Plant that the Frame will be closed and operations moved to the Stamping Plant. If this happens kiss the CV and GM goodbye. It would be too costly for Ford to move the paint system in the Frame Plant.

DJP

Established Member
Hey Ford and GM, there is a market out there that does not cater to FWD vechicles, mini-vans an SUV's. Duh...hint....RWD....H/P.....Cubes....Styling.

BK_Panther

A redesign would be nice. I really like the Trilogy SEMA car but that does take away the unique tailpipes on the stock Marauder. Plus the design sorta made it look like a european car. If it was to bring in new blood, the car should be something that can bring back some of the old muscle car folks but still flashy enough for the younger crowd.

I like the 5.4 in the new GT500 but think it would be too heavy for a very heavy base. I think the 5.0 Cammer engine might be a better in between engine. It's light and has more power than the stock 4.6. Then for maybe an additional power package, add a power adder. I personally would like to see a turbo. It would be very different for an American full size sedan. The 5.0 Cammer's lower weight would help the car be have a better front/rear weight ratio. If this is done right, it would be competition for the 300C SRT-8 and the M5. It would have to cost more so that would be the downside of all this. But that would be the reasoning for the two levels. A lower level car that is still more powerfull than the current Marauder and an option to upgrade to a higher package. The lower package would also leave room for the aftermarket. They would produce their own power adder combinations.

Now only if........

Last edited by a moderator:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
DJP said:
Hey Ford and GM, there is a market out there that does not cater to FWD vechicles, mini-vans an SUV's. Duh...hint....RWD....H/P.....Cubes....Styling.
However, the larger the Corporation, the farther from reality they are.
Sad but true

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Blown Marauder is what they should have built....Coulda' shoulda' woulda'....I think if it had more balls in the next model year, it would have been a home run. Still has a chance (IMO) with a facelift...My wife is a BIG Marquis fan (we got one when we got kids). Later, we looked at the Marauder. We liked ALOT of what we saw, but thought (for the price at the time) it should have had stiffer suspension & more balls.
No slap intended at all, we are still BIG fans of MMs. But...now that the (D-C) 300 came out w/345hp and the Charger came out w/345 hp for $30k, it's hard to beat. Plus, you have the SRTs (w/425hp) @ $40k. If only they would sharpen the Grand Marq's/Crown Vic's sheetmetal & give it a nose & tail lift, this would sell out, IMO. It's a GREAT car. A big car. It just needs updating. Then, when it really starts to sell, offer a MM with a blown 4.6 Cobra motor. Now, that would be SWEEEEEET!!! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread