If Ford built a new Marauder, would you buy it???t

How would you cook up a new Marauder???

• Keep it the same, just make it again (300+- HP 32v)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Keep it the same, but with a blown 4.6 Cobra Motor (400+- HP)

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Redesign & Update, with 300+- HP

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Redesign, Update, with Blown 4.6 Cobra Motor (400+- HP)

Votes: 65 71.4%

• Total voters

badctcobra

Heck Yes I Did!!!
Established Member
My dad has a black 03 Marauder with a chip, cai, and custom h pipe and flowmaster 40's. If they were to build another I would say 03 Cobra motor or a sick 5.4/5.8 N/A. Also a 5 or 6 speed in a big car would be cool also.

MENACE

Banned
crispy23c said:
Okay, so we have the Charger, the 300, both in SRT Trim. If Ford were to think about a new Marauder, where would you like it to be???

It would be nice to see it Trilogized from the factory. :rockon:

DJP

Established Member
Slap a 5.4 liter motor in that bad boy, a discrete hood with functional air intake to accomadate it, widened back rims, 3.73's and I'm good to go.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Yeah, I voted to update/freshen with a blown 4.6 Cobra motor. Those things have lots of potential...and I think the car needs a freshening anyway. Or at least give a more aggressive fascia. Too bad...I mean, they are planning to use that same motor in the Adrenalin, so it's available. The drivetrain could handle 400 HP, and the car is on the docket for a freshening (or so I heard). Now, that would be really cool (I would order one today). :beer:

DJP

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Yeah, I voted to update/freshen with a blown 4.6 Cobra motor. Those things have lots of potential...and I think the car needs a freshening anyway. Or at least give a more aggressive fascia. Too bad...I mean, they are planning to use that same motor in the Adrenalin, so it's available. The drivetrain could handle 400 HP, and the car is on the docket for a freshening (or so I heard). Now, that would be really cool (I would order one today). :beer:

The Marauder is a big car, do you think a 4.6 is enough... I vote bigger motor.

Bracketbomber

Established Member
The only way to make another Marauder worth buying would be with a Supercharged 5.4, forget about the 4.6, there are no cubic inches in it. These cars are boats as far as weight goes, so the adage of no substitute for cubic inches holds true in this case.

SergntMac

Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Only if Triology comes out with a twin screw blower design. Which I heard a rumor it is in the works.
F.Y.I. Twin screw kits for the following vehicles are available from Ford Racing. All are available in black matte, or, polished, and prices range from 2K through 6K depending on application. All are said to be full kits, except the Lightning and Cobra, which are blower upgrades.

03-04 Cobra, 4.6L 4V (upgrade)
02-04 Expedition, 5.4L 2V
02-03 F-150, 5.4L 2V
04-05 F-150, F-250, Expedition 5.4L 3V
04-04 F150, F250, Expedition 5.4L 2V
02-04 Ranger 3.0L
F-150 Lightning (upgrade)

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Dodge is plunking the "Hemi" w/ 340 HP into everything. Ford should take notice and put the S/C 5.4 to more use.

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
True so true but in what?? Not a lot of cars outta the Blue Oval that will take the S/C 5.4. just trucks.
DEFYANT said:
Dodge is plunking the "Hemi" w/ 340 HP into everything. Ford should take notice and put the S/C 5.4 to more use.

Bracketbomber

Established Member
Since Ford dropped the Lightning, it would be a natural progression to put the engines into a full sized vehicle and then whoever bought them would not need to spend extra cash to go fast. The Lightning engine would be more than enough to satisfy the need for speed. We already have the ultimate tuner for the engine in JDM Engineering, no one is better qualified to pull power out of these engines. Period.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Bracketbomber said:
The only way to make another Marauder worth buying would be with a Supercharged 5.4, forget about the 4.6, there are no cubic inches in it. These cars are boats as far as weight goes, so the adage of no substitute for cubic inches holds true in this case.
Well, that Cobra engine puts down 425hp, kind of like the blowers all of these guys put in their cars. What, high 11's/low 12's isn't good enough for ya? Yikes. Yeah, here's Dodges latest:

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_335954/tm.htm

If that price is correct, yikes. I'll bet that's for the 350 HP version...anyway, I see nothing wrong with the 4.6, but I wouldn't bitch if they slapped in a 5.4 blown an' all... :pop:

DJP

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Well, that Cobra engine puts down 425hp, kind of like the blowers all of these guys put in their cars. What, high 11's/low 12's isn't good enough for ya? Yikes. Yeah, here's Dodges latest:

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_335954/tm.htm

If that price is correct, yikes. I'll bet that's for the 350 HP version...anyway, I see nothing wrong with the 4.6, but I wouldn't bitch if they slapped in a 5.4 blown an' all... :pop:

That Challenger is a sweet looking ride. After decades of force feeding the American public with eco-disasters like the Pinto and Gremlin, eyesores like the Matador, rollover queens like the Explorer and and other assorted FWD Bombs and Flatliners, Detroit is getting wise. Retro and Cubes are in. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
crispy23c said:
Okay, so we have the Charger, the 300, both in SRT Trim. If Ford were to think about a new Marauder, where would you like it to be???

Nope. A Maurader, unless styled much differently, doesn't look unique enough to add it to my stable. But, if they put enough beef under the hood that could more than make up for its subpar styling.

Users who are viewing this thread