Idle/tune question for FI guys

'14 Shelby

Established Member
After having all my goodies installed about a month ago I had an issue with my air filter. It fell off, so my car wouldn't idle. After figuring that out, and it did improve the situation, I still have issues with my idle or lack thereof.

Seems that whenever I go anywhere between half/full throttle, upon deceleration, it stalls or gasps for air and struggles to stay running. RPMs usually fall to roughly 500-600 and it'll come back or just die.

What I want to know is does anyone else have issues like this?
I got what was supposed to be an updated tune but it literally did nothing to fix the problem. Leaves me wondering if this is common or something else? i contacted the vendor who told me to take it up with the tuner. I contacted the tuner yesterday and I got an initial response requesting some clarity on the situation. I did that all yesterday and have yet to hear back.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
air filter coming off shouldnt cause idle issues. hell beefcake runs no intake with his paxton car at the strip...

talk to your tuner?

NickSezz

Established Member
air filter coming off shouldnt cause idle issues. hell beefcake runs no intake with his paxton car at the strip...

talk to your tuner?

On his setup the filter coming off will absolutely affect how the car runs and will idle poorly if at all.

OP. Have you checked all hoses/vacuum connections and the rest of the intake clamps? A small vacuum leak can cause those symptoms. If the filter was loose maybe something else is not snugged up or correctly installed. You should not be having these drivability issues.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

talk to your tuner?

he has a roush blower. the filter off or too far in can cause a dirty maf signal. OP if you dont have any vacuum leaks i suspect that the issue is tune related and simple to fix. for the mean time you can do a kam reset with your sct hand held and it should fix the issue untill the ecu learns the tune again.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
he has a roush blower. the filter off or too far in can cause a dirty maf signal. OP if you dont have any vacuum leaks i suspect that the issue is tune related and simple to fix. for the mean time you can do a kam reset with your sct hand held and it should fix the issue untill the ecu learns the tune again.

true, im thinking centrifical. from what iv heard the only way to do the kam reset right is to unhook the battery and let it sit for a while. havent seen a kam reset in my sct.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
On his setup the filter coming off will absolutely affect how the car runs and will idle poorly if at all.

OP. Have you checked all hoses/vacuum connections and the rest of the intake clamps? A small vacuum leak can cause those symptoms. If the filter was loose maybe something else is not snugged up or correctly installed. You should not be having these drivability issues.

I have not really checked them again since looking under the hood and finding the air filter off. I'm not as familiar with the under hood tech as I was in the 80's & 90's

'14 Shelby

Established Member

Pretty sure I did the KAM rest by accident when loading the revised tune. Any harm in resetting again then re loading the tune?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Pretty sure I did the KAM rest by accident when loading the revised tune. Any harm in resetting again then re loading the tune?

no. its a seperate option on the sct hand held. you would have to go to an option called special function. it takes like 1 second to do the kam reset. nothing is going to be harm.

Users who are viewing this thread