Idle problems on my Procharged 98

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I just installed a power pipe on my 98 cobra. These are the mods: built motor with long tubes, Procharger D-1 at 18-19 psi with an air to water IC and a C&L 80mm MAF. When I come to a stop the Idle hunts and then just dies. The car just hit 40,000 on the odometer... Any thoughts?

Also, before I installed the power pipe the car had been sitting in my garage for about a year. As you can tell I hardly ever drive it. I put some fuel stabilizer in it and ran it till it was on empty and then filled up with some fresh fuel, it helped a little but not much.

Thanks for any help,

Joe

03bluemach

Established Member
im having the same problem with mine, im hearing its in the tune .. i cleaned my MAF sensor really good and it helped some but def. need to get it tuned or retuned

My94GT

Established Member
i would prolly go with it being the tune. anothing thing you should look into doing if your car sat that long would be change the fuel filter. they arent that expensive and its always good to know its clean.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
i would prolly go with it being the tune. anothing thing you should look into doing if your car sat that long would be change the fuel filter. they arent that expensive and its always good to know its clean.

My94GT, you were right on the money! I had it retuned and now she's running like new!

Thanks!

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread