Idle issues any thoughts?

cobra-k

Established Member
So a little history first, I'm in the process of breaking my engine in. It was dyno tuned right after installing the new motor, some would say it's already broke in. But Iv been taking it easy on it anyways giving it some boost here and there. Anyways, I had the tr6s in it and it was doing the familiar stumble and popping so I swapped them with tr6ix gapped at 0.30 it cleaned the idle a bit but last night iv noticed a huge issue after cruising and coming to a stop at idle it would stumble so bad it actually stalled a couple times. Now Iv had the plugs in for about a month or so now and last night was the first of it happening Iv put maybe a 100 miles on it since the plug swap. Iv also changed my air filter and threw in a 170amp alternator recently. Now I really don't know why it's doing this, could it be the new plugs or possibly in the tune. I'm currently running 15psi but going to make the jump to 17psi shortly is why I decided to gap tight on the plugs. As for fuel pressure it was right where it should be on gauge. Also using 94 octane.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you eliminated the simple things first? Clean maf sensor, clean IAC, and check tps volt? What intake are you running?

cobra-k

Established Member
Yup I cleaned everything when I swapped out air filter. I couldn't tell you what Intake it is. I know it's jlt, at first I thought it was a high boost but it isn't cause the HB air filter wouldn't fit my intake so it would have to be a model older came with the car when I purchased it. I haven't checked the tps volt what and how do I do that?
The weird thing tho is that this crazy stumble stalling doesn't happen all the time. It just seemed to start happening out of the blue. I did give her a nice jab in second gear which then it started occuring. It would do it when I stopped at Red lights. But then once I got home and parked it for a few before pulling into the garage it would idle nice again.

Mystic03

Established Member
what are your exact mods? on it try returning to stock if you can and see how that does if it cleans up the idle etc..

cobra-k

Established Member
that would be an awesome idea if only i could do that, only thing left stock is the steering wheel and seats haha. im going to swap back in a fresh set of tr6s cause they are so cheap anyways going to gap bigger and see what happens.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Google accufab TB install directions. It will tell you how to set the TPS. What TB are you running?

cobra-k

Established Member
its an accufab TB i will def look into that thanks, i swapped the plugs out today back to TR6s but unfortunately shes storming i couldn't take it out to see if anything cleared up

Users who are viewing this thread