Ideas for selling rare car.

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey guys, my dad is ready to sell his car and is wanting to know what the best way to sell it would be to sell it fast. It is a 2001 saleen cobra and is 1 of 1 in white. They made 6 convertibles that year and only one white. It is a nice car and he honestly just has too much stuff and would love to keep the car. However with a Harley, rental properties, a restaurant, and his 40 hr a week job, plus he is finishing a project 1971 challenger r/t.....you can see he doesn't have time or room for it. My question is for a quicker sale aside from eBay do you guys know anywhere that the car would sell faster? He isn't asking much for it at all and is about the price as most of the s281's I see. He basically wants me to sell it for him and if I do he said he would give me a small portion, so here I am looking at options. Is there anything you guys know of? I do plan on listing it on here in the near future with pics but he also doesn't want to sit on it forever with tire kicking and what not. Anyways thanks.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
You should "sell it" (to yourself) then pocket the coin that he's offering to get it moved. Tell him you're driving it out to make the deal and you'll call him for a ride when it's done. Take car ---> dmv to do pprwrk ---> back home and park it in it's old spot except with new name on title ---> call old man from garage & tell him you need a ride to the couch ---> profit.

wjk

Established Member
Put it on the market section here and probably craigslist. You'll probably get a lot of low ballers on craigslist or scammers, but that seems to be one of the best places to advertise these days. If neither of those work, you could always try autotrader though you'll probably have to pay a little.

Good luck!

Evan5469

Established Member
Check out Performance Autosport in Richmond,VA. They specialize in Mustangs, Saleen's especially, and I know they can help you sell it through their website and contacts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Consider Hi End Auto in Appomattox, VA. They specialize in Corvettes and SVT Cobras, and they're well known. .. Hi-End Auto

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Check out Performance Autosport in Richmond,VA. They specialize in Mustangs, Saleen's especially, and I know they can help you sell it through their website and contacts.

Consider Hi End Auto in Appomattox, VA. They specialize in Corvettes and SVT Cobras, and they're well known. .. Hi-End Auto

These. But Performance sells a lot of Saleens through their shop, so I'd try them first. Seems like they can get the premium that people ask for these cars.

94venomV8

Established Member
These. But Performance sells a lot of Saleens through their shop, so I'd try them first. Seems like they can get the premium that people ask for these cars.

Thanks guys, I will be calling them today! Never heard of either of those places, I'm glad I asked!

94venomV8

Established Member
You should "sell it" (to yourself) then pocket the coin that he's offering to get it moved. Tell him you're driving it out to make the deal and you'll call him for a ride when it's done. Take car ---> dmv to do pprwrk ---> back home and park it in it's old spot except with new name on title ---> call old man from garage & tell him you need a ride to the couch ---> profit.

I guess I don't know how I would sign it over without is signature, and I am not worried about the money, I got my own stuff and am not dependent on my parents anymore, just trying to help him out as he isn't really "up" with technology and doesn't get on forums, though he does have an account on here.

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
Hey guys, my dad is ready to sell his car and is wanting to know what the best way to sell it would be to sell it fast. It is a 2001 saleen cobra and is 1 of 1 in white. They made 6 convertibles that year and only one white. It is a nice car and he honestly just has too much stuff and would love to keep the car. However with a Harley, rental properties, a restaurant, and his 40 hr a week job, plus he is finishing a project 1971 challenger r/t.....you can see he doesn't have time or room for it. My question is for a quicker sale aside from eBay do you guys know anywhere that the car would sell faster? He isn't asking much for it at all and is about the price as most of the s281's I see. He basically wants me to sell it for him and if I do he said he would give me a small portion, so here I am looking at options. Is there anything you guys know of? I do plan on listing it on here in the near future with pics but he also doesn't want to sit on it forever with tire kicking and what not. Anyways thanks.

I've had great success with selling cars at Cars On line.com: Classic Cars For Sale

In my opinion the best specialty car website there is.

Good luck

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
your pop's car is NOT "rare" just because it's painted a different color, christ. like those guys that have that bullshit in their sig "1 of 3 1992 convertible V6 in 'orgasm blue' with optional floor mats, special edition dildo shift knob, and standard rear drum brakes".

have any pics?

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
your pop's car is NOT "rare" just because it's painted a different color, christ. like those guys that have that bullshit in their sig "1 of 3 1992 convertible V6 in 'orgasm blue' with optional floor mats, special edition dildo shift knob, and standard rear drum brakes".

have any pics?

A 1 of 1 car isn't rare ? :??:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

Yup. That was my first thought too.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
A 1 of 1 car isn't rare ? :??:
my explorer is 1 of 1 because the previous owner decided to cut out a part of the orange pin stripe on each side and stick 'harley davidson' stickers in there. it is absolutely 1 of 1. but does anyone really care? really?

look, that saleen is rare(to people who care about saleens) because it's 1 of 35 '99-'01 cobra saleens, or 1 of 15 '01 cobra saleens, or 1 of 6 '01 cobra convertible saleens. but 1 of 1 white? the color would mean something if it was saleens 'rainbow' paint, or whatever the hell their own specific 'mystichrome' brew was called, but it's just white. white. a white you can find one hundreds of thousands of mustangs.
just like the dude at barrett-jackson who's '70 cuda was 1 of 2 EVER MADE with a hemi, 4 speed, AC, optional 8-track, optional floor mats, and a knick on the dash because of a factory error, no one really cares about the crap. people care that it's a hemi cuda, but no one gives a damn about the floor mats.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
my explorer is 1 of 1 because the previous owner decided to cut out a part of the orange pin stripe on each side and stick 'harley davidson' stickers in there. it is absolutely 1 of 1. but does anyone really care? really?

look, that saleen is rare(to people who care about saleens) because it's 1 of 35 '99-'01 cobra saleens, or 1 of 15 '01 cobra saleens, or 1 of 6 '01 cobra convertible saleens. but 1 of 1 white? the color would mean something if it was saleens 'rainbow' paint, or whatever the hell their own specific 'mystichrome' brew was called, but it's just white. white. a white you can find one hundreds of thousands of mustangs.
just like the dude at barrett-jackson who's '70 cuda was 1 of 2 EVER MADE with a hemi, 4 speed, AC, optional 8-track, optional floor mats, and a knick on the dash because of a factory error, no one really cares about the crap. people care that it's a hemi cuda, but no one gives a damn about the floor mats.

i have to agree. with ford coming out with so many 'special' versions of their mustangs (especially the S197's), and all the new interest in the 5.0's, people just don't care about new-edge mustangs anymore. i see it as a limited edition 11 year old car, nothing more. you might find someone else who thinks its worth a premium--if so, great. i've had good luck with autotrader before. i would definitely throw it up on this site, as well as modular fords, corral, and several other mustang forums. also, the ones listed earlier in this thread. unfortunately, selling a rare car quickly, and expecting the sale price to reflect the rarity of the vehicle, doesn't happen too often.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread