ID1000/ID1050X/ID1300 Questions

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've heard that before but no one ever explains it. If the pressure is maintained then it doesn't matter the fuel pump/system.
I've always gone by the idea that it's easier to blower through big straw than a small straw. I think the bigger lines make it easier for the pumps to maintain the pressure. When I upgraded the lines and rails on my 01 I got an extra 5-10% of duty cycle. YMMV

cj428mach

Established Member
I've always gone by the idea that it's easier to blower through big straw than a small straw. I think the bigger lines make it easier for the pumps to maintain the pressure. When I upgraded the lines and rails on my 01 I got an extra 5-10% of duty cycle. YMMV

I know but the part you're blowing through is the injector right? So if the FRPS is showing a constant pressure during a pull and the FRPS is basically on top of the injectors the injectors have plenty of fuel correct?

My car maxed out the 1000's while my FRPS held steady at 50PSI the whole time feeding through an 8an feed line with Fore Fuel rails feeding the injectors. I know Malcolm was Fore Rails as well with aftermarket feed lines so fuel supply wasn't the issue.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I know but the part you're blowing through is the injector right? So if the FRPS is showing a constant pressure during a pull and the FRPS is basically on top of the injectors the injectors have plenty of fuel correct?

My car maxed out the 1000's while my FRPS held steady at 50PSI the whole time feeding through an 8an feed line with Fore Fuel rails feeding the injectors. I know Malcolm was Fore Rails as well with aftermarket feed lines so fuel supply wasn't the issue.

So are you saying that even if you had a 10an feed line, you would have still maxed the injectors out because they're the final source and final part of the process into the combustion chamber? Because from how you describe your system they would have to be the weakest link...

cj428mach

Established Member
So are you saying that even if you had a 10an feed line, you would have still maxed the injectors out

Yes but not for the reason you stated.

I'm saying that if I have a constant supply of fuel at 50PSI then the injectors are getting all the fuel that they need and that I'm tuned for. If during a WOT my fuel pressure would begin to drop below 50PSI then that means my fuel system (lines, filter, pumps, etc) weren't able to keep up with fuel demand. Then as the pressure dropped the injectors weren't able to spray the amount of fuel they needed to, so in effect I'd actually be making them smaller injectors.

If the pressure is there the injectors are getting the fuel they need and they're performing to the best of their abilities is my opinion. Now if I was going off the fuel pressure right off the tank then thats one thing but by getting a fuel pressure reading right on the rails right on top of the injectors I know they were seeing adequate fuel pressure and there by supply. Especially considering I have aftermarket rails.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Yes but not for the reason you stated.

I'm saying that if I have a constant supply of fuel at 50PSI then the injectors are getting all the fuel that they need and that I'm tuned for. If during a WOT my fuel pressure would begin to drop below 50PSI then that means my fuel system (lines, filter, pumps, etc) weren't able to keep up with fuel demand. Then as the pressure dropped the injectors weren't able to spray the amount of fuel they needed to, so in effect I'd actually be making them smaller injectors.

If the pressure is there the injectors are getting the fuel they need and they're performing to the best of their abilities is my opinion. Now if I was going off the fuel pressure right off the tank then thats one thing but by getting a fuel pressure reading right on the rails right on top of the injectors I know they were seeing adequate fuel pressure and there by supply. Especially considering I have aftermarket rails.
Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying

01yellercobra

Established Member

No, I was referring the pumps and lines since that's what you had mentioned in your post. I believe there's a point where volume becomes as important as pressure. You can shove 50psi through a 3/8" line, but it may not be enough volume to keep up. A -8 is going to have more volume at that same 50psi. But then I also believe bigger rails help because there's more of a "reserve" of fuel in the rail for the injectors. This is all just my thinking. I'm not an engineer. I do this on the weekends for fun.

I do agree with you about your injectors being the weak point. Your pumps and lines should have enough volume.

cj428mach

Established Member
No, I was referring the pumps and lines since that's what you had mentioned in your post. I believe there's a point where volume becomes as important as pressure. You can shove 50psi through a 3/8" line, but it may not be enough volume to keep up. A -8 is going to have more volume at that same 50psi. But then I also believe bigger rails help because there's more of a "reserve" of fuel in the rail for the injectors. This is all just my thinking. I'm not an engineer. I do this on the weekends for fun.

I do agree with you about your injectors being the weak point. Your pumps and lines should have enough volume.

I understand that pressure and volume are directly related but am also no engineer. My thought though is if the volume isn't there the pressure will drop.

I knew you were talking about the lines and pumps not the injectors but to me if the pressure is there the the injectors become the straws because the volume has to be there to maintain the pressure. Noengineer... lol

Users who are viewing this thread