ID1000/ID1050X/ID1300 Questions

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hey guys,

Looking to do an upgraded whipple 2.9 crusher and run it off of E85 on my stock block stock cam 04 cobra. I would like to get the car to around 700-750 wheel. My end goals are pretty aggressive in the future though as far as doing a higher compression built motor down the line.

After many calls to different tuners, research and help from you guys here, the blower is narrowed down. Now for the fuel system and injectors.

So, my question is this...given the cost of the injectors and only "hoping" to have to buy them once...which would you guys recommend? I see that some of you guys have the ID1300 and although they say that they're not compatible scaling wise to our ECU, some of you have had success with good tuners...

The Id1000 are cool too, although I like the 1050x more (same flow I believe as the 1000) because of their stainless internals.

From what I've researched I believe the ID1300 is the best bet...but would appreciate any and all advice.

I want the injector to be able to handle a 93/methanol mix, E85, and even C85 and more aggressive race fuels. I want it to have the best possible idling and cruise/wot characteristics.

BTW...looking at dual 465 return style fuel systems as well to match up.

Thanks!!!!

cj428mach

Established Member
You need ID1300's for your goals. People will tell you that the 1000's will work but they are definitely marginal for 700+rwhp on e85. With you wanting to go more than that you'll more than likely have an issue.

I hope you read the last thread about it here where some of the tuning stuff is explained.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...jectors-and-vmp-100mm-maf-conversion.1133700/

If your current tuner can't figure out how to make the bigger injectors work you don't want them as your tuner. I suggest hitting up Malcolmv8, he can do remote tuning for you and was running ID1700's with his stock cobra EEC before swapping to the megasquirt. He also can get ID injectors and Fore stuff at a great price.

Last edited:

UnrealSVT

Established Member
You need ID1300's for your goals. People will tell you that the 1000's will work but they are definitely marginal for 700+rwhp on e85. With you wanting to go more than that you'll more than likely have an issue.

I hope you read the last thread about it here where some of the tuning stuff is explained.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...jectors-and-vmp-100mm-maf-conversion.1133700/

If your current tuner can't figure out how to make the bigger injectors work you don't want them as your tuner. I suggest hitting up Malcolmv8, he can do remote tuning for you and was running ID1700's with his stock cobra EEC before swapping to the megasquirt. He's also can get ID injectors and Fore stuff at a great price.
I literally read through every thread I could find on Google and the forums here. Somehow someway I missed this thread in particular. Thanks for the link! And I appreciate the advice!

Lol poor Malcolm I have bugged him so much in regards to these cars! He's a goldmine of information though! I will pm him!

David

UnrealSVT

Established Member
You need ID1300's for your goals. People will tell you that the 1000's will work but they are definitely marginal for 700+rwhp on e85.

That's where the confusion lies...one tuner will tell you ID1000, one will say that with alcohol NO LESS than 1300, and others will say that they can't be tuned because the cobra ecu won't marry well to them, and the largest to go is ID 1000 and in addition to bump the base pressure. I will certainly take your advice to seek out a tuner who is comfortable and competent with the injectors. Again, the advice is much appreciated!

cj428mach

Established Member
I literally read through every thread I could find on Google and the forums here. Somehow someway I missed this thread in particular. Thanks for the link! And I appreciate the advice!

Lol poor Malcolm I have bugged him so much in regards to these cars! He's a goldmine of information though! I will pm him!

David

Time to return the favor to him lol.

I bug the hell out of him all the time.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
FWIW AED made 1000rwhp with a 2.9 Whipple on C85 with ID1000's.. Bumped the base pressure up. The car runs a big external pump though FWIW.. AED has about 8-10 2.9L stock and built engine cars running in the 800-850rwhp range on E85 with ID1000's on stock base pressure too.. They will make power..

UnrealSVT

Established Member
FWIW AED made 1000rwhp with a 2.9 Whipple on C85 with ID1000's.. Bumped the base pressure up. The car runs a big external pump though FWIW.. AED has about 8-10 2.9L stock and built engine cars running in the 800-850rwhp range on E85 with ID1000's on stock base pressure too.. They will make power..
That is exactly the gentleman who suggested the ID1050X to me over the phone. Shaun of AED. Hell of a nice and knowledgeable guy! He had suggested this in reference to me doing it on a stock motor though. Im curious as to what their limits are on a built motor higher compression. At the price of these freaking things if I could get away with buying them once I'd be elated. Lol

cj428mach

Established Member
ID website says that the 1000s are marginal for 700+ rwhp on ethanol. They may work for some but certainly don't for everyone. Im proof of that.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Malcom likely didn't bump his base pressure most won't due this because of the strain on the pumps. In AED's case it was a big external Weldon.

Limit was around 1000rwhp on c85 on a big built 10:5 compression ported heads custom cams stroker engine.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
ID website says that the 1000s are marginal for 700+ rwhp on ethanol. They may work for some but certainly don't for everyone. Im proof of that.
And THIS is what's most important to me. Certainly not trying to go through this as well for $1k+ in injectors

cj428mach

Established Member
Malcom likely didn't bump his base pressure most won't due this because of the strain on the pumps. In AED's case it was a big external Weldon.

Limit was around 1000rwhp on c85 on a big built 10:5 compression ported heads custom cams stroker engine.

Im 99% sure he did bump up the pressure. He had dual 465 pumps so no delivery issues. I can say I bumped my pressure up to 50lb and the 1000s still didn't cut it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Huh, that's interesting good to know. Again they've built 8-10 cars all making from 800-1000rwhp with no issues. Also line size, pumps, rails, pressure, regulators make a difference.

TRBO VNM

OP, as mentioned the 1300's would probably be best if you are shooting for 700-750 now and more in the future on e85. And I would do the level 2 kit from Fore with the 465 pumps and depending on your future goals, consider -10 feed and -8 return.

I understand Malcolm has helped you a lot and he is a great guy but he is not a supporting vendor. I'd recommend also looking into other companies who support this site that help keep it going.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
For the setup I'm looking for what is the difference with the feed and return sizes? -10 feed and -8 return are best for my particular setup?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Fuel volume, consumption and pressure should all be considered. Also how much of that volume are you returning back to the tank the majority of the time. Don't actually spend most of the time at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread