Iconic singer Meat Loaf has passed at age 74.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol...fight club

He got his Meat Loaf name from his father whilr he was in the maternity ward as an infant...his dad said he looked like 9lbs of meat in the bassonette and the nurses put a label on it that said "meat" lol
I always wondered where he got the name Meat Loaf. Wonder what his mom thought about the "9 lbs. of meat" description of the new baby. LOL.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
He was never known as Marvin Bob at anytime as "Meatloaf" and his legal name was Michael. He legally changed his name in Connecticut to Michael long before he was ever part of the band.

He changed his name because of the Levi commercial poking fun at poor fat Marvin and he was motified by that cause he was overweight so he legally changed his name.

If you're talking about Meat Loaf's real name, it was Michael Lee Aday. His birth name was Marvin Lee Aday.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He was never known as Marvin Bob at anytime as "Meatloaf" and his legal name was Michael. He legally changed his name in Connecticut to Michael long before he was ever part of the band.

He changed his name because of the Levi commercial poking fun at poor fat Marvin and he was motified by that cause he was overweight so he legally changed his name.
I never said he was known as Marvin. I said that was his given name at birth. We all know him simply as Meat Loaf.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
My Bat Out of Hell cassette tape got wore out in the car. That whole album was one of the main soundtracks to my teenage/high school life. SO many fond memories... I remember this one time at band camp...

U.M.

From one Meat to another, RIP.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Paradise By The Dashboard Lights was such a classic rock song back then and re-played more than I can imagine. Their aggressive touring with Bat Out Of Hell is what really sold the album. People heard it. People wanted to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread