ICE Ban 2025?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Governments will give a **** if chaos breaks out and people are getting "lynched" in the streets, including them. I am guessing a few have some bunkers they can run to. I guess those ones don't give a **** like the average person. But it will still affect them. Would it really be that great holed up in a bunker?

And chaos has slowed the EU down how much?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
The mandates are the mandates. Look at the crazy shit automakers do chasing the last bit of nothing for emissions, which is exactly how the EU is moving up the ICE ban date on the sly. It will most certainly affect what is for sale in the USA.

I literally deal with mandated emissions daily …

Dealt with 3 engines today.. each 3500 horsepower.

All you hear about it electric cars IN THE MEDIA… when the oil industry is still pumping.. I tested an engine today with 159,000 hours on it… running at 95% load for those hours..

Tell me more about these cars on the road running at 20% load for a couple hours a day…. And how much worse they are…

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I literally deal with mandated emissions daily …

Dealt with 3 engines today.. each 3500 horsepower.

All you hear about it electric cars IN THE MEDIA… when the oil industry is still pumping.. I tested an engine today with 159,000 hours on it… running at 95% load for those hours..

Tell me more about these cars on the road running at 20% load for a couple hours a day…. And how much worse they are…

We're still going to use plenty of oil, it's used in everything pretty much. That doesn't mean the greens have any compunction at all about running personnel transportation off the rails with mandate stupidity. Hell, look at CA driving business out of the state with CARB idiocy.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
There’s going to be a lot coming out, much as knee jerk reactions…..

“When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion”. -Dale Carnegie

If people take a moment to sit up and relax, analyze the facts, leveler heads prevail.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Banning ICE cars in 2025? As in new models? I don’t even see how that’s possible….

I would be very curious to see an increased development of H2 infrastructure to become more widely available fuel source for Trucks and Power plants. Siemens and GE I know have the technology ready to refit Gas turbines to burn H2.

Fuel storage and Delivery is the issue.
You WILL eat the bugs, you WILL live in a pod, and you WILL like it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Define chaos? We're still living in peaceful times compared to humanities history.

U.S. natural gas closes lower after European gas skyrockets

NG1:COM -3.89%Mar. 07, 2022 6:34 PM ET11 Comments
U.S. natural gas prices (NG1:COM) settled -3.6% at $4.833/MMBtu, reversing sharp overnight gains and pulling back from Friday's $5.016 closing price that was the highest in more than a month, as uncertainty over Russia's war with Ukraine gave way to forecasts for warmer weather in the U.S.
European energy prices had skyrocketed earlier, as futures for natural gas on the Dutch TTF reached as high as $115/MMBtu before pulling back to ~$93.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I want some of what the OP is smoking.

Being aware of what is going on in the world by watching companies spend trillions of dollars reacting to the stupidity of green mandates isn't smoking, it's depressing.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The goal is supposed to be clean(er) air, @ the same time China is building COAL fired plants as fast as manpower will allow.
Does the EV crowd not think China's actions don't impact our air quality ??

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The goal is supposed to be clean(er) air, @ the same time China is building COAL fired plants as fast as manpower will allow.
Does the EV crowd not think China's actions don't impact our air quality ??

China literally makes everything else the world does a joke. Building coal power plants to power EV means the EV has the fuel economy of the coal plant minus transmission costs. The stupidity literally makes you cry.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Holy ****, nickel prices are insane, $80,000 a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cobalt $80,000 a ton!!!!!!!!!!!! How much does an EV battery cost now?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
When I retire … I’m going off the grid.

Weather… bro.. you’re Losing it…

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Holy ****, nickel prices are insane, $80,000 a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cobalt $80,000 a ton!!!!!!!!!!!! How much does an EV battery cost now?
1646751204251.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2025, eh? Meanwhile, Ford's recent announcement says that the Ford Blue division is focused on ICE products, and the Bronco, Mustang and F-150 gas engines aren't going anywhere. A bit of a contradiction if the real push is the "green" EVs to be mainstream ASAP.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
2025, eh? Meanwhile, Ford's recent announcement says that the Ford Blue division is focused on ICE products, and the Bronco, Mustang and F-150 gas engines aren't going anywhere. A bit of a contradiction if the real push is the "green" EVs to be mainstream ASAP.

It all "depends" right? Does the EU ram through a defacto 2025 ICE ban? How does that affect OEM time line? Do the D's retain control of house/senate/presidency? Do the R's have a spine if they win? Does it matter if the R's have a spine if OEM's decide that meeting EU green mandates means everyone gets EV?

The below attitude is what we are up against again Bob, and they control the levers of power.

Frans Timmermans, “You know that the car industry starts by saying it’s impossible and then, in the end, complies,”

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
As of January 2022, both St. Louis City and St. Louis County have implemented ordinances requiring certain new construction and major renovation projects to include Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure. Failure to comply could result in having your building permit denied or incurring daily fines until the infrastructure is installed.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
As of January 2022, both St. Louis City and St. Louis County have implemented ordinances requiring certain new construction and major renovation projects to include Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure. Failure to comply could result in having your building permit denied or incurring daily fines until the infrastructure is installed.
Lmao. 2%. We do that already in new developments without any requirements…

Users who are viewing this thread