iat sensor relocation?! help!

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Okay, so putting a paxton kit on soon.

fla is so hot this time of year so wanting to add meth to cool things down a bit, to keep it from pulling timing. to do so i need to relocate the IAT sensor since i cant spray the maf with meth.

Anyone know the wires to cut on the maf and what sensor to get to do so? is the slot maf the same as the 2010? pins 1&2 are the iat on those and can easily get a relocation kit for that if everything is the same.

thanks

Entrenched

Established Member
maf

I think 2011 is the first year for frequency based MAFs so a 2010 won't be the same. Wouldn't it be easier to spray right before the throttle body. My only experience with meth was on a turbo car and we sprayed it right before the TB.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Yeah, going to spray right before the tb. But the if the iat isn't relocated the car won't know to put the timing back in since it won't see the temp drop.

I remember something about the maf being different but does that mean the iat part of the maf is different? Iat is a really basic sensor so would like to think it's the same.

kevinp

Established Member
It is different from 2010 down.

One side of the new IAT sensor is hooked to the blue wire (common for MAF and IAT signal so dont cut from the MAF connector). You cut the violet/grey wire and hook the other side of the new IAT sensor to that. The IAT sensor in the MAF is the same as previous years, just the wiring changed.

Users who are viewing this thread