I wonder if...

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Lightning Larry posted that a while back. It is a dolphin. I think that was the final conclusion in the end. :thumbsup:

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Yup, dolphin. Still, something that big next to me in the water is scary none the less.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
i dont care what that is, i woulda turned into jesus and starting running across that water, shitting in my pants the whole way

Venmus

Established Member
I believe the curved fin gives it away to be a dolphin. Either way, i would be out of that water faster than I can get to 60 in my 03

SilverRangerGuy

Established Member
That looks way too long to be a dolphin. They are much shorter then that. I've seen dolphins in person jumping out of the water and they are about half the length of that.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Damn, the first time I saw that pic I thought shark and I'm sure if that was me in the water I would of been freakin out.

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by SilverRangerGuy
That looks way too long to be a dolphin. They are much shorter then that. I've seen dolphins in person jumping out of the water and they are about half the length of that.

It's a dolphin.

4camV8

Established Member
yeah, it can be... i've seen many dolphins while surfing... there's always that split second before you realize what you're looking at when you mess yourself...

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Here on Long Island, we had a Bull Shark that came right onto shore while we were surfing. Not as close as that though. We thought it was a Dolphin, but after they cleared everyone out and they told us, I almost dropped on the sand. That pic is scary to any surfer!

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
its actually kinda cool once you get used to it...we get the porposes here in Va Beach...me and my girl will be sittin out past the breakers in the early morning and a school of em will go hoppin by us...its really cool..and considering some basic physics...the curvature of that wave would cause the light going through the wave to bend and the dolphin to look much larger than it actually is:read:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread