I was decapitated

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Agreed, most Lightings with an eaton and 4# or 6# lower dyno around 400/500 which is good for about 12.7 + at the track. Plus he probably didn't race past 60mph which is when cobra's can do some serious damage to a Lightning.

If he raced a KB or Whippled Lightning that had good traction, then I could see him getting pulled on pretty hard.

Yeah, I raced a guy with a bolt on Lightning making around 400/500 back when my Mach was N/A making right at 300/320. The race was dead even from a 30 punch 2 times in a row. I can't see a Cobra (stock or not) losing to anything not heavily modded.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Yeah you Cobra owners are at a very good advantage when it comes to modding. Yeah the Lightning guys can throw a port, exhaust and pulley it but still the engine has its quick limits. I am finishing up my 2.3 KB setup tomorrow on my stock block and will be getting tuned this week. Hopefully I can pull some nice times at the track and have my block last :)

03cobraFL

Established Member
Hey man at least you lost to a lightning. I had a SRT-4 pull bus lengths on me in my Camaro, talk about having a shitty feeling afterwards.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I guess that had to have been a pretty modded L. I think they are sick trucks and wouldnt be dissappointed at losing to one. I dont drive a Termie either though.

Users who are viewing this thread