I was carjacked at gunpoint last night...no joke!

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I went through something similar when I caught 2 b/stards breaking into my car. You did the right thing, bro. Thank God you're okay.

What is it Uma Thurman said in "Kill Bill"?
"Oh, I'm rational. Its mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack."

Hence, the trusty Ruger P-95 DC and a CWP. Too bad the cops didn't kill those little punks for ya'. That would have been nice. :) Take care of yourself, man.

LawDog

Established Member
Man, I'm glad you are ok. I have family members that reside on Riviera Drive. I'm just curioius why the N.O. police charged them with carjacking though. The moment they pulled the guns, that carjacking turned into an armed robbery. I'm sure those turds have freinds not far away on St. Bernard Ave in the "housing development" so be careful. Again, I am glad you weren't hurt.

ssssnake

Established Member
Glad you and your dogs are okay. The thing that bothers me is that the newspaper gave your name and the street you live on. I wouldn't like that. But you're still standing and that's all that matters.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by ssssnake
Glad you and your dogs are okay. The thing that bothers me is that the newspaper gave your name and the street you live on. I wouldn't like that. But you're still standing and that's all that matters.

Gotta love teh f'in media. Just like the reporter who printed the CIA agent's ID.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I cannot thank you all enough for your support.

My wife and I were just married, so my dogs are like our kids. Some of you have said that it took some balls to get them out. I don't believe that is the case...I believe that each and every one of you would have done the same thing. Here is their picture.

I identified the 3rd POS and he was arrested Wednesday. He is the brother of the 15 yr old who held the gun to my head. He was released in late Sept. for a carjacking Aug. 8th. They all live in the projects.

I also want to point out that the New Orleans Police Dept. did a fantastic job. This started at 725pm (in my driveway under a flood light), they spotted the car at 745pm and they were in custody at 8pm. To their credit, they did a great job and were very respectful of my wife and I.

Some people have told me you cannot let them win.
F%$K IT, they win. It is not worth my life, my
wife's life, my family's life or my friends life.

Our house goes on the market today.

Again, thanks for the support.

Be safe.

Chris

Last edited:

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
I'm with you on this one. It's just never worth the risk. You have to remember, sometimes when you gamble you lose.

I think it's frightening they print your name and address in the paper. If/when these guys get out I'd be concerned they know where i live. (They did this in your drive way so does it really matter?)

Good luck to you man. Get that house sold and get the hell out.

Glad to see you're ok.

Regards,
Alan

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
How are you doing now that its been a day or two?

Great dogs by the way. :)

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
i'll kill to save my own life...but, just pointing a gun at me does not mean that i'm going to be shot. i agree it's tricky, but i would give up my car for someone's life, no matter how much i hate them

Oh, really, you want to wait until after they drop the hammer on you to determine that it's a deadly force situation? Sorry, if someone pulls on me he's going down.

What's your assurance that after they get your keys they don't shoot you out of spite and to eliminate witnesses? Or stuff you in the trunk and leave you to die?

I agree you don't use deadly force just to protect property, but when they pull a gun or knife that raises the threat to a whole different level.

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
Oh, really, you want to wait until after they drop the hammer on you to determine that it's a deadly force situation? Sorry, if someone pulls on me he's going down.

What's your assurance that after they get your keys they don't shoot you out of spite and to eliminate witnesses? Or stuff you in the trunk and leave you to die?

I agree you don't use deadly force just to protect property, but when they pull a gun or knife that raises the threat to a whole different level.
I agree -- that is a decision you will have a split second to make and the wrong one can have life-long consequences. For the most part if someone threatens my life or the life of a loved one, I will eliminate the threat. Ideally I'll see the threatening situation developing and avoid it before I am too far in. The thing we all need to remember is that these type of scenarios are very case specific and since we weren't there it's tempting to say what we think should have happened. I have always been hesitant to judge what someone in a life or death situation should have done. The best thing to do is learn from each of these we read or hear about. Since he, his family, etc. are alive and unhurt, he made a good decision.

Before I get off my soap box, all things in life fall in the grey zone. There are no absolutes -- especially when adrenalin is coursing through your veins.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Dang Chris I guess this seals the deal on you moving. I know you will get a good deal on your house, the housing market couldn't be any better to role out of New Orleans. It probably won't be too long and I will transferred to Dallas or Houston as well.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Chris I saw you driving through city park this morning. As always your Red Cobra looked killer passing by. I would have waved but I was in a GMC truck you wouldn't have recognized me. BTW Who will be at the lakefront on Sunday? I'm gonna try to pass by since I haven't been in some time.

evoish

Established Member
Honestly why dont these people go out and get some damn jobs. My friend had his $400 valentine one stolen right out of his driveway a week after he got it. The cops never caught the guys and he got stuck paying another $400 of worked-earned moneyto buy another valentine. :cuss:

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
Many of us in MI feel as Speedtrapz does. That may sound extreme, but I think giving up what you worked hard for just so some no good lazy bastard can take it from you is pretty extreme also. Ain't happening with me, I've had enough.

bskinner

well fellas you can say what you want but i have seen too many car jacking victims shot dead in the streets here even after they gave their cars up. bottom line, if its not yours leave it the fu@k alone. And if your scared to drive through north Louisiana just because I endorse the " shoot the carjacker" law then so be it if you need directions to detour let me know. Excuse me if I come a little BRASH but I dont put up with any crap from these thugs here. If more carjackers were dead maybe less people would attempt to commit the act.

Users who are viewing this thread