I was a skeptic but tasted the AED Kool-Aid....

Jenkins

Established Member
I am waiting to get my car out of the shop then i am gonna datalog and send it to shaun. after that i plan on strapping it to my dyno to see what my diifferences are. Cause the tune i have now has the worst driveablity ever!!!!

Shaun@AED

I like Gus and the Steeda crew.
I like the BBR guys.
I like the AM / BAMA boys.
I like the gang at JPC.
Lund racing are a bunch of good guys.
VMP
Brookspeed
I could go on and on, but the point is all of these tuners / shops are my colleagues. They are all top-notch, and all strive to provide the best possible service and products to their customers.
The industry for these new Fords is still fairly new and as such is still evolving. My early tunes are nothing like the current versions, and the same can be said about other vendors. One product may be on top today, but tomorrow is a new day. Who knows what the future will hold. All I know is Ford produced an excellent pkg in the new Mustang, and we are all very lucky to have such excellent shops (and SVTP) supporting this hobby.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Why won't people name who they got a bad tunes from? Is kind of messed up to have others waste money on that same tune. I don't think that there are horrible tunes out there but some need at least some minor tweaking with datalogs. But if I had a tune that was horrible like some people claim I would say who I got it from. Is not like I'm a vendor here or anything.

I'm not going to name the tuner because I didn't go through the process of data logging with them and instead wanted to try out the AED, so I don't think it's fair of me to disparage them. Suffice it to say, I'm not a fan of the one size tune fits all business model which is why I appreciate Shaun's tuning philosophy.

because alot of the complaints with tunes are related to the drivers opinion of how he/she thinks the car should drive...you cant make everyone happy with a mail order tune.

That too. Some people want a peaky car that shifts ridiculously hard in the case of the auto, I didn't. I'm not going to knock the tuner for that because a lot of it boils down to personal preference and the intended use of the car. Us guys that daily drive our cars don't necessarily want a balls to the wall tune, but I'm not going to knock wanting the race car feel. The AED seems to be a pretty good balance of driveability and performance, which is why I like it.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Not my first time to the dance, I know my car well enough to determine how my car pulls through the rpm range, how it idles, etc. A tune based on data logging with data loggin is going to be that much more fine tuned that otherwise. It's okay that there are Internet disbelievers, always are. I do however have my steeda tune still, I might just dyno same day, back to back for those who want numbers. I'm not worried at all : )

internet dis believeres!??!

IM currently AED tuned! lol im one of his biggest supports. But Steeda tunes are Just as good! Need to give Gus a chance, he will review your logs and fine tune it to perfection also. I dynod higher with my Steeda than AED tune not allot like 5rwhp and 2 tq

CPRsm

You used my spooge as leather protector on your seats :lol1:
I can live with that, a little of me was in your mouth LOL:lol:
I can't say a bad word though. Guy has bent over backwards for me multiple times and helped out a bunch with the little things.

bunk22

Established Member
internet dis believeres!??!

IM currently AED tuned! lol im one of his biggest supports. But Steeda tunes are Just as good! Need to give Gus a chance, he will review your logs and fine tune it to perfection also. I dynod higher with my Steeda than AED tune not allot like 5rwhp and 2 tq

My Steeda tune wasn't better in my case but I'm very willing to dyno both and post the results. Tell you what, if it isn't better, I'll send you $50 and if it is better, you reimburse me for the dyno, that's fair. I've been through all of this before, 2 stangs and a C6. I called Steeda a while back and they said it is what it is...granted it wasn't Gus. My last email went unanswered from Steeda which is rare, they normally always respond. I love Steeda and except for my C&L, my entire exhaust was bought from them, a bit more pricey too from them. This AED tune is only between my two tunes and the Steeda looses out on this one. I know e-feelings get hurt but I'm being honest here. If I felt no difference between the two, I'd say that too, money not well spent.

13GT5.0

Established Member
My Steeda tune wasn't better in my case but I'm very willing to dyno both and post the results. Tell you what, if it isn't better, I'll send you $50 and if it is better, you reimburse me for the dyno, that's fair. I've been through all of this before, 2 stangs and a C6. I called Steeda a while back and they said it is what it is...granted it wasn't Gus. My last email went unanswered from Steeda which is rare, they normally always respond. I love Steeda and except for my C&L, my entire exhaust was bought from them, a bit more pricey too from them. This AED tune is only between my two tunes and the Steeda looses out on this one. I know e-feelings get hurt but I'm being honest here. If I felt no difference between the two, I'd say that too, money not well spent.

That's why I said Gus. Gus is the guy you needed to talk with. Anyways, like I said, both tuners are excellent. Shaun's customer service gets the #1 in my book though plus he's here on svt explaining shit. I had a tune in my 2012 5.0 from aed, maybe something has changed since then? I have a 2013 now and will be getting a Steeda "Gus" tune, since I know him (that's if I don't feel like the car is running just right). I have been down this road as well. 2 stangs, 1 6.2 Silverado truck, 1 09' z6, and had a 2010 Chally. Every car responds differently anways. No harm, no fouls.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
That's why I said Gus. Gus is the guy you needed to talk with. Anyways, like I said, both tuners are excellent. Shaun's customer service gets the #1 in my book though plus he's here on svt explaining shit. I had a tune in my 2012 5.0 from aed, maybe something has changed since then? I have a 2013 now and will be getting a Steeda "Gus" tune, since I know him (that's if I don't feel like the car is running just right). I have been down this road as well. 2 stangs, 1 6.2 Silverado truck, 1 09' z6, and had a 2010 Chally.

This thread isn't about Gus or what he can do, it's about my current AED tune versus my current Steeda tune and it loses, it's that simple. I never said once Steeda couldn't equal this tune, especially given a dyno tune by them but that wasn't the point of the thread but it's the e net so this doesn't surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread