I want to see a Flat black SN95

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Subscribing... I would like to see this as well. I think flat black paint with brushed aluminum rims would look very good.

One day a couple of years ago I left the garage doors open in the evening and the dew actually condensed on my black 01 vert. I gave it a flat subdued look and I wish like hell I had a picture of it cause it looked great.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Jettsaleen281 said:
hmm that'd be interesting. It'd match my R6 lol. Prolly easier to maintain also.

Youd be surprised how much of a bitch it is to take care of a car with a flat finish. Well, a flat finish that will stand up to the elements and washing for any extended amount of time that is.

4camwonder

Established Member
if you do it, use PPG DP-90. but it is different and a love or hate thing.

theres one in fayetteville NC, but i dont know him and i dont see it enough to stop him.

Talyon

Bleed Blue
Established Member
WyoTechMSA said:
Youd be surprised how much of a bitch it is to take care of a car with a flat finish. Well, a flat finish that will stand up to the elements and washing for any extended amount of time that is.

i would ask for a mat clear coat. so maybe it would be more of a satin. right :shrug:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I'm painted my Falcon flat-black this summer. At 2600-lbs and a 200-shot, that things gonna be a real nice 10-second sleeper.

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
ppg dp90 is the paint i used to paint my r6 flat black. seems to stand up pretty well and i have no problem washing and keeping it clean since i do it every week. I ride to school everyday and it sits out there for a couple of hours everyday, so right now it gets more action than my car does... damn gas prices.

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
Jettsaleen281 said:
ppg dp90 is the paint i used to paint my r6 flat black. seems to stand up pretty well and i have no problem washing and keeping it clean since i do it every week. I ride to school everyday and it sits out there for a couple of hours everyday, so right now it gets more action than my car does... damn gas prices.

There is a guy here in DFW that has his R6 Flat black too. :uh oh:

I'd like to do polished flat black myself on something (other then the stang). If you paint it then sand it smooth with some wax it ends up looking like a rat rod with some fine line it looks awesome. :)

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
The only satin clear I ever used was PPG DBC 500, which is more of an innercoat clear. I used it to lock down the metallics in the base because I did not have the time nor materials to clear the car that night. It had almost no shine, but I dont know its capabilities as far as standing up to weather and etc etc...

Users who are viewing this thread