I want a new F-150 (GA)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I am seriously shopping for a new F-150. It seems every dealer-salesman that I call knows less than me about the truck. Why does this happen?

I have an one-owner F-350 that I plan to trade-in or sale. It's a great 50K mile truck with all of the paperwork.
F350.jpg

mechanicboy

Established Member
I'm going to answer the only question you asked. The answer is, because you care about the truck while the salesmen only cares about his commission.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to answer the only question you asked. The answer is, because you care about the truck while the salesmen only cares about his commission.

OK, I agree.

I guess that I was looking for a Ford dealer that wanted to help a guy get into a new truck while building a long term relationship. I assume those days are dead.

Heck, I can wait until the dead of winter when they are a little more motivated to move some iron.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
BTW, the dealers in the Atlanta area didn't get this memo from Detroit:

For the first time since the great recession, Ford will launch a massive sale Tuesday offering deep discounts across its car and truck models, despite sales that have been running at their highest level in years.

The Ford “Friends and Neighbors” program running through Jan. 3 will offer discounts equal to those Ford gives suppliers and just slightly less generous than those for employees, according to a copy of the plan Ford sent to dealers that was obtained by Yahoo Autos. The discounts will run on all Ford cars and trucks with a few exceptions like the Shelby GT Mustang, and could slash up to $10,000 off the cost of some vehicles like high-end versions of the Ford F-Series pickups.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
We have several great dealers here on SVTP. Consider buying from one of them.

Sid,
I have been a member here almost as long as you.;-)

I titled my interest along with my location. Do you list dealers somewhere in a thread? I think that they would get better exposure with a better ad. I'd say so if I buy from an ad here.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Not true in most cases. If you are asking very specific questions, it's hard to find a salesman that can answer EVERY specific question about EVERY vehicle.

Sid,
I have been a member here almost as long as you.;-)

I titled my interest along with my location. Do you list dealers somewhere in a thread? I think that they would get better exposure with a better ad. I'd say so if I buy from an ad here.

It wouldn't be very convenient for me to trade for your truck, but I'd order one for you and have it drop shipped to your local dealer if that's a route you would entertain.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Not true in most cases. If you are asking very specific questions, it's hard to find a salesman that can answer EVERY specific question about EVERY vehicle.

You should ask your salesman a simple question: "What combination of options allow the best towing capacity on a F-150?" Isn't this a basic question?

It wouldn't be very convenient for me to trade for your truck, but I'd order one for you and have it drop shipped to your local dealer if that's a route you would entertain.

I agree. I can sell the 2004 F-350 Heavy Duty with 50,000 miles easily around here. Not a problem. The truck can get it done with a big trailer:
VDCA1.jpg

I can order it from you to drop ship to a local dealer. This seems like a less expensive option than me going to pick it up. What do you charge to deliver a drop-shipped F-150?

PM me the ordering instructions or your email.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should ask your salesman a simple question: "What combination of options allow the best towing capacity on a F-150?" Isn't this a basic question?

Yes, that should be simple Haha

PM coming

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Sid,

I'd like to say that Nick (13COBRA) has been very helpful. The Ford site doesn't work as well as it should. He answered a few questions and changed some things for me.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sid,

I'd like to say that Nick (13COBRA) has been very helpful. The Ford site doesn't work as well as it should. He answered a few questions and changed some things for me.
Now if only we can find a cooperative dealer near your house.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Tread lightly...just saying.

What is your problem with my thread?
1) I said that I needed a new F-150.
2) Sid suggested that I may use a supporter.
3) Supporter 13Cobra is trying to help me as a representative of Ford dealer.

It isn't easy to do as far as "drop shipping" a truck to another dealer. We are trying to work out the details here. WTF, do you care about this?

It seems to me that a transaction within this site is good. It says that relationships and advertising work well here.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Delete your comment man.... it wasn't directed towards you, and I got it handled.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What is your problem with my thread?
1) I said that I needed a new F-150.
2) Sid suggested that I may use a supporter.
3) Supporter 13Cobra is trying to help me as a representative of Ford dealer.

It isn't easy to do as far as "drop shipping" a truck to another dealer. We are trying to work out the details here. WTF, do you care about this?

It seems to me that a transaction within this site is good. It says that relationships and advertising work well here.
Relax, it was directed towards 13COBRA and we've already talked.

Users who are viewing this thread