I want a freaking Boss dang it!

MrBonus

Established Member
#2 from ford. I didn't argue that. What I am saying is the parts that make the roadrunner so good (mainly the valve train) does not equate to 4k. My point elaborated is that if you are going to mod to the point that you will be pushing the coyote to its breaking point, you may as well build (or buy) a built motor, as the roadrunner won't be taking much more. Want that boss power band and redline? Boss heads, springs and intake plenium. Want a Lopey idle? Plenty of tuners that can take care of that for you. Want side exhaust (bosses is a joke btw)? Exhaust shops have you covered.

I want the larger oil pan, improved cooling, and forged rotating assembly of the Boss as I track my cars rather than use them to play stop light Grand Prix.

The boss is NOTHING MORE than a marketing scheme.

So a faster, better handling Mustang that has largely been regarded as the "best Mustang ever" is just a marketing scheme?

Sign me up.

Last edited:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
I just jumped ship from a 500hp GTO to a '12 GT and I can tell you, going from my T-56 to this transmission, this one felt like butter. I haven't noticed notchiness reported by a lot of folks, but then again, my T56 was notchy all the time, so I am loving the change.

Only thing that takes getting used to is the difference in torque.

Welcome to the board. :D

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't think it is going to work out for this weekend. The salesman came back with a quote for the car and trade that was pretty close to making a deal until he informed me of the $2000 in additional mandatory dealer fees. F-That, if they're pulling that stuff over the phone I can only imagine what they'll pull when I'm 200 miles away from home. I'm going to try a local dealer or just wait.
I also have a question, does the Boss have that color changing lighting?

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I don't think it is going to work out for this weekend. The salesman came back with a quote for the car and trade that was pretty close to making a deal until he informed me of the $2000 in additional mandatory dealer fees. F-That, if they're pulling that stuff over the phone I can only imagine what they'll pull when I'm 200 miles away from home. I'm going to try a local dealer or just wait.
I also have a question, does the Boss have that color changing lighting?

I think the disco lighting only comes on the premiums.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
I want the larger oil pan, improved cooling, and forged rotating assembly of the Boss as I track my cars rather than use them to play stop light Grand Prix.

So a faster, better handling Mustang that has largely been regarded as the "best Mustang ever" is just a marketing scheme?

Sign me up.

lol :lol: good one

NinjaBum

Established Member
"Mandatory dealer fees" is a bullshit figure they toss out to try and recoup that "hell of a deal" they just gave you on your car.

five0three

big deal
Established Member

Sign me up.

Radiator, oil pan and oil cooler can be had for under $500, and PLENTY of people have been tracking the piss out of the 'lesser' GT with no issues.

Wtf are you talking about best mustang ever lol. We aren't talking about the Laguna Seca here. Re read my last post. Sure the boss is a track beast out of the box, but is it cost affective? No. And yes, it is a marketing scheme. Quit being a sheep in fords herd. The track pack GT coming out on the '13's will be the best starting point for a track car IMO (Torsen, brembos ect).

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
"Mandatory dealer fees" is a bullshit figure they toss out to try and recoup that "hell of a deal" they just gave you on your car.

I know. I have a certain amount I'm comfortable spending monthly so at this point I have to figure out how to get there whether that's doing a lot of leg work, waiting/hoping for incentives, opening up the piggy bank, or saving more fun money.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
I know. I have a certain amount I'm comfortable spending monthly so at this point I have to figure out how to get there whether that's doing a lot of leg work, waiting/hoping for incentives, opening up the piggy bank, or saving more fun money.

or wait till 13 comes out, you'll be able to get a great deal on a 12.

good luck, it is one hell of a car :rolling:

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Radiator, oil pan and oil cooler can be had for under $500, and PLENTY of people have been tracking the piss out of the 'lesser' GT with no issues.

Wtf are you talking about best mustang ever lol. We aren't talking about the Laguna Seca here. Re read my last post. Sure the boss is a track beast out of the box, but is it cost affective? No. And yes, it is a marketing scheme. Quit being a sheep in fords herd. The track pack GT coming out on the '13's will be the best starting point for a track car IMO (Torsen, brembos ect).

You seem kinda mad? The boss is a great car and the gt is great as well. A sheep in fords herd lol? Don't try and act like you did something ground breaking by buying a gt that there are thousands more built than the boss. You know the laguna seca is a few changes from the regular boss right? And the parts you said add up to under 500 are a little more from the sites I have seen..

Mustang Boss 302 Parts at LRS - Free Shipping!

Not trying to argue, but no need to down either car and the original poster should be happy with either one:rockon:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I think the disco lighting only comes on the premiums.
Are the Boss's considered Premiums?
or wait till 13 comes out, you'll be able to get a great deal on a 12.

good luck, it is one hell of a car :rolling:

If that's what it takes. What I don't want to do is settle. I want to be able to come home from one of "those" days crack a beer and just look at her in my garage, hopefully in Comp Orange.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
You seem kinda mad? The boss is a great car and the gt is great as well. A sheep in fords herd lol? Don't try and act like you did something ground breaking by buying a gt that there are thousands more built than the boss. You know the laguna seca is a few changes from the regular boss right? And the parts you said add up to under 500 are a little more from the sites I have seen..

Not trying to argue, but no need to down either car and the original poster should be happy with either one:rockon:

I'm not downing either car and I'm not mad, i just don't like comments like "best mustang ever".

Boss radiator is a bit higher than I thought. Pretty sure it will be on the track pack car as well. When did I say I was doing anything ground breaking? I have a hum drum gt. I'm not going to do anything that anyone hasn't done already. All I'm saying is I wouldn't worry about running laps with a boss. Really a gt needs a good set of coilovers, sway bars, intake and a tune to make a boss sweat.

I just don't like to see a car put up on a pedestal like this, especially one that isn't far off from a garden variety GT. we aren't talking about the cobra r here. Not talking about a gt 350. Most manufacturers of sports cars have trim levels like this. Wrx/sti, corvette/zo6, rt/srt ect ect, and those cars have a much larger performance gap between them.

Last edited:

ihatepotholes

Established Member

don't waste your time. you can only lead a horse to water... guy doesn't get that the entire engine is different, clutch is different, suspension is different and other track ready parts that came with it. to each their own :rolling:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I didn't have any cooling issues with my '11 GT when it was tracked. Over July 4th weekend at PPIR, ambient temps were around 98 with track temps hovering around 120 degrees.

No issues at all in the cooling department. Ironically, the one Boss that was there that weekend did have cooling issues.

MrBonus

Established Member
I'm not downing either car and I'm not mad, i just don't like comments like "best mustang ever".

Then take up your complaints with the motoring press who have largely been unanimous in this opinion.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Test - Review - Car and Driver

We expected the Boss 302 to be little more than a marketing exercise in nostalgia, a somewhat more brutal, slightly faster GT, with alluring graphics but primitive predilections. It isn’t. Nose to tail, this feels like a whole new equine—thoroughly sorted, conscientiously massaged, the object of considerable forethought and ambition. As automotive resurrections go, this is a knockout that venerates the original Boss while embarrassing it objectively and subjectively in every meaningful measure. What this is, is the best Mustang ever.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 First Test - Motor Trend

Meet the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302, the best, most well-rounded Mustang ever.

Throwback Mustang Muscle Car Is One Boss Ride | Product Reviews | Wired.com

Let’s get one thing out of the way: This is the best Mustang ever built. Which makes it one of the best muscle cars ever built. Which makes it one of the best cars ever built, period.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - Editors' Notebook - Automobile Magazine

Wow, this is the best muscle car I've ever driven. It's seriously fast, the engine sounds great, and it changes direction willingly. Finally, a muscle car that's good for more than cruising around town or heading to a drag strip.

There are more but I'm getting tired of cutting and pasting.

MrBonus

Established Member
That sir, is a severe beating. LOL :D

To be clear, I'm not bashing the GT which is arguably the best all-around performance bargain on the planet. It's a tremendous machine and the current generation Mustang has brought me back to domestics for the first time in a decade.

The funny thing is that while I chose the Boss over a GT, either car is so fast and capable that most drivers, myself included, could spend years not fully exploiting the capabilities of a stock Brembo car on a road course. They're just that good and you can get one for around $30,000. It's an amazing time to be an enthusiast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread