I wanna go turbo + little motor build Qs?

Needcobra

Established Member
I really want to go turbo when i get done my foxbody project. I was thinking of Hellion T-76 Q-trim Turbocharger. I know guys run stock motors but i was thinking of doing a little motor build. I try doing search but didn't come up with much.
http://www.modularperformance.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MP&Product_Code=MP200-2300

Is this a good kit or so i do something else. I know i will need more fuel mods. Tell me what you think or what i should get. Also if anybody knows of a good speed shop around the philly area let me know. I would travle couple hours if it a well respected shop. IM willing to speed 10-11 thousand. I gusse it depends how much i sell my fox for.

Thanks for your help
Carter

TRBO VNM

not sure about the motor since I am waiting to do my research and stuff when the time comes. All I know is Al Pappito(sp) will be building it. I won't go anywhere else personally and his prices are reasonable as well. The guy knows these motors inside and out.

as far as the turbo kit. it really all depends on your goals for the car and what kit suits you best. how much power are you planning on making? do you want a single or twin? Is there something about a kit that would turn you off and you wouldn't consider because of something? Are there certain features that you want in your kit? etc. there are a lot of variables and things to consider and 3-4 available kits right now.

if you have specifc questions about the hellion I can help you. other members have other kits and they can help answer anything regarding their kit.

fuel mods I have the returnless still running 60# injectors, modified FPDM from MJChip, dual aviator pumps, -8an fuel line upgrade, KB BAP w/ wire upgrade.

Needcobra

Established Member
I don't want a track car with +1000rwhp. Really just looking for the numbers you have TRBO VNM. I have 60# injectors and KB BAP already. Im stuck with the hellion kit and wanna go with that. Ive looked at all the other kits and like hellion the best for me.

Won't want a twin turbo because of where the sit in the bumper. Ive hit a deer in every car ive had and would be pissed if the turbo(s) got damge. Have not hit one in the cobra but know it will happen once i put twins on. But i have not since a twin turbo cobra in person so im going by what a see in pics.

So maybe i should put a turbo on with more fuel mods. So many choices lol

Carter

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Needcobra said:
...snip... Ive looked at all the other kits and like hellion the best for me.

Won't want a twin turbo because of where the sit in the bumper. ...snip...

The www.turbohorsepower.com kit puts the turbos in the engine bay.
scratchy-color.gif

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Oh, also the modularperformance kit is a good deal, same shortblock I am running.

Needcobra

Established Member
hmmm did not know that turbohorsepower.com had it turbos in engine bay. I gusse i didn't take a good look at it. Postban what work do you have done to you transmission?

Users who are viewing this thread