i wanna buy a lincoln ls

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Just from reading the AD, makes me feel a little uneasy. But check it out in person Billy and see how it is.

Jroc

Established Member
Get it and drop a built, aluminum block Modular with a Twin Screw in there. :banana:

I would love to have that car. Something to go head to head with a CTS-V. :thumbsup:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
its worth it to check it out, run a car fax make sure its not stolen or such

Last edited:

Dots490

Banned
I have a 2001 for sale. Blue, leather, loaded. 101k on it. New brakes, door motors, wheel bearings. Runs like a champ.

Sandgnat

Established Member
To the OP. Not clear from the ad if this is the V6 or V8 version. If its the V8, you might want to read up on some of the problems with the coils. LS, 3.9 shares the same power plant with the retro T-Birds (03-05). They had many problems with failed COPs, to the point that Ford actually extended warranty coverage up to 100,000 miles. Not sure if that was true on the Linc. but something to think about.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
stay far far far away, i work on these cars, unless you have very deep pockets for repairs... you DO NOT WANT.... ask how much it is to do ball joints on that car...

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Tell me more, I was looking at the LS as well. How much for the ball joints to be replaced, and how often does it need them replaced?

Jim Snover

stay far far far away, i work on these cars, unless you have very deep pockets for repairs... you DO NOT WANT.... ask how much it is to do ball joints on that car...

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i loved my lincoln ls v8. one of the smoothest and most comfortable cars i've owned. i even had an intake on it and it sounded great. if you're interested i have a set of zenetti rims for an ls that look dynamite on the car. would make a good deal b/c they're just sitting and i would like them gone. pm if youre interested.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
things are badass, my bros buddies has one. things are super pimp.....expensive to fix though.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
I have an '01 LS V8 . Great looking car , smooth ride , great alpine stereo system .......But , sometimes I want to light it on fire . I've replace all the COP's , replaced the ENTIRE power window assembly on the drivers door twice and passengar door once , dealer only items .

There are O-rings in the valve cover that go bad after time and leak onto the COP's causing them to fail . Make sure they are replaced . The simulated wood grain accents are very prone to cracking/peeling .

The battery is a special vented battery and is a dealer only item , had to replace that too . The coolant resevoir is prone to cracking over time....dealer only item .

The cooling fan is hydraulic....dont ask me who invented that contraption...if it goes its to the tune of about $1200 .

My Idle air bipass sticks and sometimes it sounds like there is a flute under my hood .

Other than that the drivetrain itself has never given me any problems and the car runs great .

Users who are viewing this thread