I thought Borla was better than this

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I just put Stingers on my car last week and they fit completely fine...tips are spotless and the welds look fine :shrug:

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I received a replacement set from Borla due to my fitment issues. Hopefully I'll have time off this weekend to install them.

But I did notice I have an exhaust leak between the Bassani X-Pipe and the Borla kit due to the difference in sizes because of the small 2.25" flared pipe in Borla's kit. If this replacement kit fits properly, I'm going to have someone weld in a 2.5" flared piece. There is obvious exhaust residue left between the connections, and I'm hearing what certainly sounds like a leak. I'll be replacing my gasket between the mid-pipe and passenger side exhaust manifold to be sure the noise isn't coming from there. But there is definite residue and poor alignment between the X-Pipe and mufflers.

One more thing, Borla's flange connectors are crap compared to Bassani's. Bassani's are still nice and shiny, while Borla's have already rusted over after less than a month. It is obvious Borla needs to work on their products.

I'll be posting pics of this soon. Borla also required a credit card to place on record in case they don't receive anything back. At first they just wanted to send me specific parts to their kit to try out, but I made them send a full kit so I don't have to waste more time by hoping they can tell the problem by looking at pictures.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I'm also very upset over the smaller diam flares, and it's not for easy fitting into the h or x. It appears to be MUCH smaller diameter, maybe to make it easier to mate up against a stock mid-pipe. i have a 2.5 Bassani X, which only lines up without leaks if the passenger side hangs down low... which scrapes on my lowered card.

So i'm stuck ordering some real 2.5 flared tips from a bending shop and custom-welding them on. For a $300 exhaust setup this might be acceptable, but this cost 2x that. It should practically be installing itself.

PS. 2.50" Ball Joint, Female Columbia River Mandrel Bending

getting 2.5 ends, hopefully they fit OVER the Borla ends and i can clamp them down without welding.

How'd this work out for you if you've gotten around to doing it yet?

I believe I'll also have to order 2.5" flange connectors since the Borlas are 2.25". Borla keeps talking about making their kit a true 2.5", but that is too late for me.

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
Installed my borla stinger 2 days ago fits perfect no problems at all. Didn't love the sound at first while driving but once I had somebody drive my car so I could here Ill never take it off sounds awesome!!!! I have an o/r h-pipe also think it sounds better then when I had the o/r x with the stingers on my last cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread