I thought Apten Customer service was suppose to be great?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I sent my blower out 10 days ago to Apten, I figure it should be back today. I started calling Apten on Tuesday of this week to ask if it was done and if I may have a tracking number. I have called 4 times over the last two days and they keep telling me they will call me back with a tracking number. Note, I did ask for Brian, but he was not available. I understand he cannot always be there, not a problem. I am sure the port job is worth the wait, but I am trying to schedule dyno time, and now I cannot dyno tune this weekend because I never received the "call back" to know for sure when it would be here. I'm not totally pissed off, but am a little discouraged. I had also asked one of the tech's at Apten if he knew what that threaded hole in the valley pan was, he said he was unsure, which is o.k because like him I didn'nt know, but he said a 03 Cobra was coming in that day and he would find out when they did the swap. Next day I phoned and he said oops, I forgot to look and find out. Again, not a problem, but coupled with not getting a call back on 4 occasions after I have paid for the port job is a little unsettling. I am sure it will all be water under the bridge when I receive the blower, I'm just very anxious. :shrug:

Slobra

Established Member
I ordered the chip, pulley and blower and my chip didnt come with the blower. They said it would be coming in a different box so it wouldnt get damaged but then looked and the chip wasnt even on my order! But he apologized and said they would overnight it to me. :) Doesn't matter though since I broke off a damn bolt on the apten SC.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
slobra - when you get the chip in please tell me how your tune is cause im going the same way with the chip right from apten

trey193

Established Member
I was told Modular Depot bought Apten and Brian is moving to Orlando, so try to bear with them in the midst of new people taking over, U will get taken care of!!!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Trey is correct.

Apten and ModularDepot share the same address in Ohio now.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
JRS,

Sorry about the delay. There's still a little bit of communication problems between the two locations, but we're working everything out, and from here on out there shouldn't be anymore problems. Give us a call at the shop, ask for either Gene or Brandon, and we can find out what the status is on it.

Yes, the rumors are true. Modular Depot and Apten are merging, and Apten has moved to Cincinnati. The shop is now up and running, and we have our new in-house dyno on order, and should be installed in early May.

Gene

edit - It was delivered this morning. I PM'd you the tracking number. :)

Last edited:

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
Apten will be in Cincinnati, with Modular Depot/MD Motorsports. We hadn't closed down the old location before opening up the new one, because we didn't want to have any down time in between. This caused a few problems with communication though, especially because SBC managed to destroy our phone system when we transferred the toll-free number (which still isn't working. :mj: ) to the Ohio shop. So the last week or so we were using cell phones to talk between the two shops. That's sorted out now, and everything is getting back to normal, finally.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Oh ok, So you guys moved farther away from me now :( Oh well, I will still one day when I can have some downtime on the car get the port job from you guys. Congrats on the merge though, I hope all goes well as it has been already.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to hear everything is working out for you Blown Snake. And congratulations to Apten on their merger.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
uh oh, Apten is now only 2hrs. away. Must resist the force.

mp3stang

Established Member
I have been patiently waiting for more than 2 weeks now for Apten to contact me about problems with my tune.

I PMed you on 3/16, called Gene on 3/22, and talked with Brandon on 3/31.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by OH3Cobra
uh oh, Apten is now only 2hrs. away. Must resist the force.

No doubt, 2 hours from Columbus as well. Damn, my promise to the wife to not mod the hell out of this car just got harder:burnout:

Where exactly is Apten located in cincinnati? I need to do a mapquest just in case I'm passing through:-D

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
Mapquest Link

Mp3stang - call me at the shop ASAP and I'll make sure your problem is handled. Brian has been very busy with his move, and hasn't had the time to return phonecalls lately. 99% of the time, it's something that Brandon or I can get done.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
What kind of changes will be happening with Apten prior to before?

I want to know how this effects people that were interested in having Apten do custom performance work. I was planning on travelling to the Apten facility to have my blower ported (and other things added) and the ECU flashed by the SCT and dynoed. So I guess I will have to wait and see what becomes of all of this.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Thanks for the mapquest link APTEN, I just went past there last sunday along 275, looks like you are not far from it.

I'll have to stop by there & check it out if I'm in the area & you guys are open. I usually only go down that way to go to the riverboats.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
This won't affect Apten's ability to do custom performance work at all. The Cincinnati shop has all of the capabilities of the St. Louis shop, plus it will have an in-house dyno, so scheduling dyno tunes will be even easier.

The big changes coming are going to be in the form of ordering blowers, chips, cooling mods, etc. We're going to be launcing a full online catalog for Apten products on the site within the next few weeks. It's taking a bit of time to get all of the products on the computer, but we should have it done by the middle of April.

Also, look for us to be expanding our product line substantially in the next few months.

mp3stang

Established Member
Originally posted by APTEN
Mp3stang - call me at the shop ASAP and I'll make sure your problem is handled. Brian has been very busy with his move, and hasn't had the time to return phonecalls lately. 99% of the time, it's something that Brandon or I can get done.

You are Gene, right? I already talked to you about my problem on 3/22 and you said Brian would get back to me. You even asked how late you could call me and I said "anytime". I never got a call back.

Dr. Jamie Meyer

Why would you lift?
Established Member
Let me know when the dyno is ready. I have a project for you.

Thanks and congratulations on the new business venture,
Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread