I think this cobra has somthing for you hellon boys

TRBO VNM

I'll wait to see graphs before I comment..... :lol:

BTW, I love the sound of any V8 with a snail on it......man, they sound good. I love the video of my flyby and the car just sounds like a jet engine.

Last edited:

jeb

Established Member
I know! I got to give it to that car. A little spray to help that thing boost and ...... All hell is going to come loose!

TRBO VNM

jeb said:
I know! I got to give it to that car. A little spray to help that thing boost and ...... All hell is going to come loose!

yeah, I am not sure if it is that car or not, but a buddy down that way road in a twin 67 and said it actually felt slow. I was shocked to hear this, but he said it didn't spool up till so damn late and the guy was shifting at like 6500, so there was like 1000 rpm that was even worth it. sucks, but when something doesn't spool till 5500, what can you expect. glad I have my 76mm.

what I found interesting in that vid is the driver went through the gears almost like he was cruising on the street, but kinda getting on it. just seemed strange to do on the dyno.

yea clayton went for that ride, reason for the slow ride is we dont want him to know how fast that car really is. as we want to take out his buddys supra and put a spanking on it lol trust me when i say, car spools fast and a 1000cc bike with power commander and exhaust, is not a race for this car. also this car will be @ my dads aka Stormin Norman's Reunion race October 28 -29,2006 @ Maple Grove Raceway in Reading ,PAand until then we are not disclosing numbers as we know Donnie Walsh is building 2 cobras for Cobra A and for Cobra B to win both of them.

TRBO VNM said:
yeah, I am not sure if it is that car or not, but a buddy down that way road in a twin 67 and said it actually felt slow. I was shocked to hear this, but he said it didn't spool up till so damn late and the guy was shifting at like 6500, so there was like 1000 rpm that was even worth it. sucks, but when something doesn't spool till 5500, what can you expect. glad I have my 76mm.

what I found interesting in that vid is the driver went through the gears almost like he was cruising on the street, but kinda getting on it. just seemed strange to do on the dyno.

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
jeb said:
i dont think everyone understood what i ment, the car spools SUPER fast compared to a hellion that takes eturnity to spool :D j/k guys i am a fan on 1 big turbo rather than 2. But in the end ill take either :thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

lilsuperman1721 said:
yea clayton went for that ride, reason for the slow ride is we dont want him to know how fast that car really is. as we want to take out his buddys supra and put a spanking on it lol trust me when i say, car spools fast and a 1000cc bike with power commander and exhaust, is not a race for this car. also this car will be @ my dads aka Stormin Norman's Reunion race October 28 -29,2006 @ Maple Grove Raceway in Reading ,PAand until then we are not disclosing numbers as we know Donnie Walsh is building 2 cobras for Cobra A and for Cobra B to win both of them.

sounds good man. just make sure you have the suspension and tires to utilize the power and get some seat time with the setup. good luck, I am not sure if I can make it up for that meet, but would love to check it out.

i dont think everyone understood what i ment, the car spools SUPER fast compared to a hellion that takes eturnity to spool j/k guys i am a fan on 1 big turbo rather than 2. But in the end ill take either

how do you figure? did you see a graph? did you see what power it made at what rpm? how do you know when it even really begins to spool or hits full boost?

we can all agree that any turbo car, once it starts to spool it spools fast and you hear it on the dyno, but at what rpm is what matters and twin 67's will not come on and hit full boost faster than a single 76

BTW, I am not trying to be an ass if it comes across like that. just asking you questions based on your statement to it spooling faster than hellion. as none of us on here except the guys at the dyno have seen whats up with the car yet and I understand why they are keeping it hush hush.

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
i was only teasen b/c of what the topic starter said. H3ll ill take any turbo weather i only get to use it for 1000rpm or 3000rpm. I just wanna hear that baby :D

TRBO VNM

Smokey1226 said:
i was only teasen b/c of what the topic starter said. H3ll ill take any turbo weather i only get to use it for 1000rpm or 3000rpm. I just wanna hear that baby :D

:lol: yes, they do sound sweet. nothing like hearing it on a V8. shockingly enough I hear the turbo spooling well over the exhaust...so sweet sounding and talk about heads turning... :beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
lilsuperman1721 said:

Will Donnie Walsh Jr be doing the driving? If so, holy crap!

bouncer18

Established Member
ahh

that sounded okay....

ould have been much better if it was pushing 26 psi....

(/me is very impressed with that car)

Hissssnsvt said:
Will Donnie Walsh Jr be doing the driving? If so, holy crap!

idk if he will be driving but when i went by his shop cpl months ago 2 cars by the name of mike matarazzo, were being built there. 1 of the 2 cars there has run 9.60 w/o nitrous, 6 spd,solid axle, kenne bell the other car was getting cage work and everything.

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
lilsuperman1721 said:
yea clayton went for that ride, reason for the slow ride is we dont want him to know how fast that car really is. as we want to take out his buddys supra and put a spanking on it lol trust me when i say, car spools fast and a 1000cc bike with power commander and exhaust, is not a race for this car.

i heard clayton did pretty well last night?

TRBO VNM

HellionCobra said:
i heard clayton did pretty well last night?

I was going to post something like this......

sure he didn't have to run him down because of the slow spool time of twin 67's? I would expect a single 76 to get the jump either way the race happens because twin 67's won't spool up till pretty high up and the 76 would have already been at full boost before the 67's. But I would then expect the 67's to take over up top.

TRBO VNM

lilsuperman1721 said:
maybe i should have derek chime in tomorow, we already had a big disbute over this on http://www.southfloridaracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41261&page=4&pp=15 derek on 13 pds, clayton on 13 pds, clayton jumping as no1 was honking, and derek ran him down like a freight train.

I just read most of the end of that thread...sounds like just a bunch of little babies bitching back and forth....gees. wish I could get that 10min of my life back. Also wish the weather was good while I was down there a month ago. I was going to come out with Scott(wiz) on a friday night but it rained. I could have schooled a bunch of you guys....hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread