I think somebody's found out "WUTWINE!"

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Hehe......no. Head the "new body-style Roth" model was here yesterday........but it was ficticious! No new roomates for Jason yet.......:beer:

TRBO VNM

Huh? I assume baby talk? Not yet, any day really. She was 1.5cm dilated Friday, so really just waiting on contractions or water to break.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
That's something I haven't quite figured out, dilation... do they just stick a set of calipers up there? o_O Who get's the job to design this sort of thing? "Hmm, we need something to measure a woman's dilation so we can better estimate due time..."

WUTWINE should be out and about now, eh?

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
That's something I haven't quite figured out, dilation... do they just stick a set of calipers up there? o_O Who get's the job to design this sort of thing? "Hmm, we need something to measure a woman's dilation so we can better estimate due time..."

Yeah... its called, fingers.

TRBO VNM

Yeah... its called, fingers.

^this. Damn doctor got to feel my babies head before I did. lol

Not yet. Getting very impatient here. False labor yesterday, which was the due date. And our anniversary is tomorrow. I swear I didn't plan this.

So, time will tell. She has been walking every day, which is supposed to help, but isn't working out that well so far.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
^this. Damn doctor got to feel my babies head before I did. lol

Not yet. Getting very impatient here. False labor yesterday, which was the due date. And our anniversary is tomorrow. I swear I didn't plan this.

So, time will tell. She has been walking every day, which is supposed to help, but isn't working out that well so far.

False labor? Did yall actually end up at the hospital?

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
^^Nearly choked on my OJ. LOL.

At least you'll never forget your anniversary? :coolman: I've heard some other "methods" work for inducing, but if he's that close, wouldn't want to risk any brain damage. heh

TRBO VNM

Mustafa, no. She was having pains in the morning, but after church they went away and didn't come back and they were inconsistent.

Sneaky, yeah, but when we tried that, she was in pain. Considering how much pain she will be in, I figure, I don't need to add to it anymore than I already have. lol

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
^^Nearly choked on my OJ. LOL.

At least you'll never forget your anniversary? :coolman: I've heard some other "methods" work for inducing, but if he's that close, wouldn't want to risk any brain damage. heh

lol

Yes sir... the real question is how do they train doctors to know the dilation? Do they have little rings they stick there fingers in with there eyes closed? When testing, out of 10, they're only allowed 2 wrong... or do they jump out there and figure it out in the field? :shrug:

TRBO VNM

Well, doing the conversion, 1.5cm on friday is just over 1/2 inch. So basically about width of a finger, depending obviously. lol 10cm, which my understanding is fully dilated is about 4". So I am sure doctors can figure out estimates based on this.

That is as far as I go medically. if she gets an epidural, I sure as hell won't be watching.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well, doing the conversion, 1.5cm on friday is just over 1/2 inch. So basically about width of a finger, depending obviously. lol 10cm, which my understanding is fully dilated is about 4". So I am sure doctors can figure out estimates based on this.

That is as far as I go medically. if she gets an epidural, I sure as hell won't be watching.

LOL, they won't let you watch anyway. I wanted to watch Marisa get hers, but they wouldn't let me even look her direction. Apparently more than a few people have passed out watching the process. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me though, so I was disappointed I couldn't watch.

Have her do jumping jacks...lol.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
LOL, they won't let you watch anyway. I wanted to watch Marisa get hers, but they wouldn't let me even look her direction. Apparently more than a few people have passed out watching the process. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me though, so I was disappointed I couldn't watch.

^^ this...

I tried watching as well... they told me I couldn't and only the doctor was standing behind her. I would also attribute this to lawsuits, another reason they no longer let you film the birth.

05Redfire

Established Member
What do you mean they wont let you watch? I watched Candace get both of hers. Put Candaces head in my stomach and watched over her back as they did it all. They never even attempted to make me turn away.

:shrug:

TRBO VNM

^^ this...

I tried watching as well... they told me I couldn't and only the doctor was standing behind her. I would also attribute this to lawsuits, another reason they no longer let you film the birth.

LOL, both of you confused. Me watching was about the epidural. I can't stand needles. As far as the birth, yeah, I don't want to watch that anyway. I will be ruined for life and I wouldn't make it through.

But, they do have a mirror that we can watch if we want, just not stand behind the doctor and they did say no video.

What do you mean they wont let you watch? I watched Candace get both of hers. Put Candaces head in my stomach and watched over her back as they did it all. They never even attempted to make me turn away.

:shrug:

ding ding, someone got it. :D

I really regret opening this thread again lol.

LOL, no worries man, you will go through it eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread