i THINK i might have a diablo chip in my car... can i go sct?

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i bought the car used a few years ago with minor mods, pulley, tb, h/e

i dyno'd my car for fun the other day at my buddies shop and i pulled a reasonable 450rwhp in terrible humidity. he thinks my car has a diablo chip on the back of the ecu but couldn't see it

now, im going to pull out my ecu and look at it, and if i DO have a diablo chip on there like he thinks, does this mean i need to stick with diablo and get a predator tuner or can i still get an sct tuner and keep the diablo chip, or should i get rid of the chip all together and go with a custom tune? what should i do!

metaman

Established Member
You either do the chip or the tuner, not both. So if you want to go Diablo then you pull the chip off and get the Diablo hand held. If you want to go SCT they you also pull the chip off and get the SCT hand held. The only time people really go with the chip over the hand held now days is if they want the ability to switch tunes on the fly with a switch chip. Otherwise the handheld is better.

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
thats what i was looking for. i didn't know if i could do both or one or the other. im finishing up a 100 shot nitrous kit and need to get a couple of tunes on hand. so i wanted to go with a hand held tuner to be able to have a street w/o nitrous, race w/o nitrous, and race w/ nitrous without having to go to the dyno every week

so i guess the question is, anyone looking to buy a diablo chip and sell me a sct tuner?

thanks for the help guys

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Have you checked your ECU out yet? Look to see if a chip is attached to the J-Port, if it's the Black Revolution I'd keep that and have it reburned with Diablo CMR software when you do the Custom and Nitrous tune. Is there a toggle flip switch installed on your dash anywhere? If you have a Diablo Red Delta Chip in there remove it and go with a hand held!

Users who are viewing this thread