I think i might be turning into a LS1 guy...

COBRABEN98 Im with you, your words are so true, these guys need to get their asses out and go to the the LS1 site like I said earlier.oh and 97NA COBRA U TOO NEED TO BE VOTED OF ,IM SORRY U DONT LIKE ME BECAUSE THE WAY I PSEEL,WRITE,OR TALK...IS IS NOT A ENGLISH CLASS, I THOUGH THIS WAS SUPPOST TO BE A SVT WEB SITE NOT A PU*SY ASS CHEVY SITE, THATS IS WHY i JOINED IT BECAUSE IM A FORD FAN. EVERYBODY ELS YOU GUYS KICK ASS FORD RACING . LIKE THEY SAY CHEVY LIKE A ROCK THEY GOT THAT RIGHT BECAUSE WHAT DO YOU SEE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CHEVYS

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
MYSTICSTANG#47 said:
COBRABEN98 Im with you, your words are so true, these guys need to get their asses out and go to the the LS1 site like I said earlier.oh and 97NA COBRA U TOO NEED TO BE VOTED OF ,IM SORRY U DONT LIKE ME BECAUSE THE WAY I PSEEL,WRITE,OR TALK...IS IS NOT A ENGLISH CLASS, I THOUGH THIS WAS SUPPOST TO BE A SVT WEB SITE NOT A PU*SY ASS CHEVY SITE, THATS IS WHY i JOINED IT BECAUSE IM A FORD FAN. EVERYBODY ELS YOU GUYS KICK ASS FORD RACING . LIKE THEY SAY CHEVY LIKE A ROCK THEY GOT THAT RIGHT BECAUSE WHAT DO YOU SEE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF CHEVYS

LMFAO... This not about bench racing or brand loyalty it called reality face it.

I love my cobra to but why have a ricer additude about the situation?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Just cause i want a chevy makes me... a pussy as chevy fan that hates ford??? I dont get it, sorry i might not buy another ford but no need to be a dick about it

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
0260B4U said:
The LS2 has proven itself already. They put down about 30-35rwhp more than the LS1 cars in stock form. The only thing that sucks with the GTOs is the torque management and other computer garbage.

With a MAFless tune, removing torque management, etc. the LS2 GTOs make 390rwhp in stock trim. That is a healthy starting point if you ask me. Otherwise the reliability so far is on par with the LS1 engine.

But, I have an LS1 and an LS2 so I don't mind. :thumbsup:

oh no, its you :lol:

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
MYSTICSTANG#47 said:

Listen you little snot nosed punk, I didn't say I didn't like you because of the way pseel (I assume you meant spell), write or talk. I don't like you because you can't carry on a civil debate with anyone. You bring absolutely nothing to this post. Sorry to break your small minded heart, but if you haven't noticed this isn't an all Ford site. There are many members here that drive vehicles other than Fords. You say you ran a best of 13.47? You say you enjoy beating Z06's? Sorry pal but 13.47 is not going to get the job done you assbag. You can sit here and call Chevy pus*sy ass all you want, but when you get your dumbass handed to you by an LS1, or that Z06 you claim to be able to beat, don't think you'll find any sympathy from here. Get an education and learn how to act like an adult.

Quadcammer

Established Member
jeff, id guess he's about 16, so I guess we can't call him an adult just yet

i think this says it all

Birthday:
July 20, 1985
DAVID/DIRTY D
Biography:
LOVE STREET RACIN,HATE CHEVYS
Vehicle:
96MYSTIC STANG#47
Interests:
racing,cars,racing,cars&family
work for mcd in arvin

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
and he works at mickey D's

found a pic

michelindonalds.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly Cobra

Established Member
I agree the LS1 is a great car, my friend has one and I told him to basically add a full exhaust, nitrous, 3000-3500 stall and a shift kit and he'd be in the 11's no problem. I guess it's just a preference though, I personally love my Cobra. I know if I got rid of my car for anything else I would be sick, that's all I was trying to say. One guy said it was BS that I outran WS-6's and SS's by 2 or more cars + an 02 Vette 6-speed, I have no reason to lie or fabricate my story, I guess some cars just run better than others do and maybe I got a good running car or maybe I broke it in right, who knows ?

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
ls1 or 4.6. if you cant drive that car or cant race worth of shit.the car is worthless.you got to know how to drive to be quick.and as far as fast cars.its not how fast can i go, its how fast do you want to go.$$$ got money!go fast!.more money more speed.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
frightning#650 said:
ls1 or 4.6. if you cant drive that car or cant race worth of shit.the car is worthless.you got to know how to drive to be quick.and as far as fast cars.its not how fast can i go, its how fast do you want to go.$$$ got money!go fast!.more money more speed.

werd. speed is just a question of how much money you have. also, if some guy has a cobra and another a z06 in a race, it doesnt mean the z would win. if it was an auto, its another story. if you cant drive, you cant win. period.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
quadcammer said:
the 351 is not even close to the engine the ls1 is. they love to spin bearings due to a bad oiling design and even the one they put in the cobra R only made 300hp. wowee.

Are you talking about the Cleveland?? The Cleveland had a poor oiling design but I've never heard of Windsors having problems with this. In fact I've always heard that the bearings were stout in the Windsor due to them being so large. The main bearing journals are actaully bigger in a 351W than in a FE big block. The Cleveland had small bearings that were conducive to high revs (smaller bearings, less friction) but they would frequently spin. Many people actually modify the block in the Clevelands to make them a little more friendly in this regard, but I have never heard or seen anyone modifying the Windsor for oiling in even high horsepower applications.

And the Cobra R 351 is pretty pathetic, Ford put zero effort into this engine. They took an ancient 351 and put some pretty crappy GT40 cylinder heads on it that IMO are inadequate for the 302. I don't even think these engines had mass air, didn't they have speed density? Its besides the point, the 351W itself is not a bad engine, it can be every bit as badass as the LS1 (even more in some regards especially in stroker applications) it just has to be put together with components (especially heads) that can flow air.

Paul

Hillbilly Cobra

Established Member
frightning#650 said it all !! This could go on forever, get whatever makes you happy. Isn't that what it's all about ?

Hay QUADCAMMER is that u and your brother.

Ok hey QUADCAMMER is that U and your brother that day you went to visit ME, oh and for the ZO6 it called using nitrous

Last edited:
YOU KNOW WHAT MY BROTHER IS RIGHT ITS ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE , BUT I DIDNT START TALKING SHIT ALL I SAID WAS THAT CHEVYS AND IF YOU OWN A COBRA THAN BE PROUD OR SELL IT MR, OLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVERRRRRRRRRRR.Real Name:
Oliver
Vehicle:
99 cobra
WOW I DID IT TO . DUDE GET OVER IT ITS NOT MCDONALDS DUMB A*S ITS MY BROTHERS STORE. IS THAT A PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR BROTHER

Jeff Queer
Vehicle:
1987 CHEVY SPRINT
Biography:LOVE TO SPANK IT,LOVE SLOW CARS. Occupation: I for DAVID at mcdonalds throwing thrash away Interests:HANGIN OUT WITH MY BUD FAGCAMMER AKA QUADCAMMER wana play games, you guys say im a kid but your the one who put my profile peace out. :poke: :rockon: :bash: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread