I think I may be getting bored of the Lightning?!?!

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Well I am not sure what it is. As much as I have loved Lightnings and their usefulness and being able to tow etc... I am starting to feel that little bug of boredom.

I have been driving the truck now for the past week and it won Runner-Up in its class at Performance World. It gets tons of looks and is fun to drive but... It's the same as it was before. I thought for sure the distance while in Australia would make me want to drive/enjoy it more.

Maybe I need to think of something to change it, or perhaps a new Waverunner to tow behind it? Maybe I need to change the wheel color again?! Maybe I just need to wait until the nicer weather is here? Maybe I just need someone to smack me over the head?

What do you guys think? I have gone through many vehicles in my driving career but the last time I sold an L, I had another within 6 months. Maybe I should keep the rims sell it and look for a white one?! LOL.

Anyone else ever feel like this? What did you do? What was the result? It's like a bad relationship when the Lust wears off and you need to get "comfortable" LOL.

infamouslightning.jpg

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Not sure what you have done for mods but I am sure there are a lot left to do. Modding keeps me busy with mine, money is always the issue though.

MJG

Established Member
Would suck to see it go Chris, maybe its time to start a build for it.
Has kept me excited and busy, not to mention broke but hey thats part of it.
I wouldnt be spending this kind of money if I weren't plan on keeping it though. Up to you dude.

chris1badL

Established Member
I wouldnt get rid of it man. I have had 10 other cars including a 08 procharged GT and I still miss the lightning the most. I still regret getting rid of it. I want another one but all them around here are higher mileage.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Brotha, I got rid of mine a couple of months ago and had been on the hunt for another one ever since. I was even looking for the exact color as before (Red); I'm hooked bro and I was soo pissed with myself then:fm::fm:.

Thank god, I just got into another one, took a little bit, but got one exactly like I wanted and have been lovin it ever since.

I have also owned many other performance vehicles, so the Lightning wasn't my first taste of something quick.

I just don't know what it is about these trucks, but they are a F'n blast to Own/Drive/Mod...:burnout::rockon::burnout::rockon:

She's a BEAUTIFUL truck man, no matter what color wheels you go with(Blue or current (Silver))I say sit on it for a little and make sure you think about the decision fully so you don't end up regretting it, which ever way you go.

:beer: BT

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's natural to get bored with something once you stop tinkering with it. As long as you keep doing little things to it it'll keep your interest. I go through periods were I get bored with mine too, but right now I'm enjoying it. The quest to make it faster keeps it exciting.

Established Member
bolt in a built motor , and a 88mm turbo and good tran. with a tran. break and you will be happy all over again.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Ill have to say you need the smack in the head option, all the others don't fit.
Keep it man thats a beautiful L.
SILVER FTW.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
It's natural to get bored with something once you stop tinkering with it. As long as you keep doing little things to it it'll keep your interest. I go through periods were I get bored with mine too, but right now I'm enjoying it. The quest to make it faster keeps it exciting.

1000hp still not enough.............:read::poke:

Last edited:

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I traded mine in on my present 09 GT500 KR. To this day, I wish I had never done it. I miss that truck so bad at times. It was black as my present KR. It was stock with a bassani exhaust and AEM cold air intake. damn I miss that truck.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I understand what you mean. Sometimes I feel sort of the same, but it's mostly due to me not getting to drive mine much. However, those feelings go away everytime I get behind the wheel.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. The motor work can't really be justified to me as the truck is fast as it is and its money you never get back. To put all that money into the motor my head instantly thinks of ways i could build up another car and have more toys!

I guess I just want some more toys to keep me entertained in all areas. I really want to build up an e39 M5.

tistan

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. The motor work can't really be justified to me as the truck is fast as it is and its money you never get back. To put all that money into the motor my head instantly thinks of ways i could build up another car and have more toys!

I guess I just want some more toys to keep me entertained in all areas. I really want to build up an e39 M5.

Build your m5 and used the lightning to daily drive and tow.

Users who are viewing this thread