I think I have a fuel pump problem. Need expert advice

ez112

Established Member
So my many bolt on Lightning runs rich. REALLY rich. I have a wideband and it says its in the 9's and you can smell it nicely under WOT. I never figured this many mods and I have a running rich problem.:shrug:

I did a datalog and noticed my FPDC is at 1.00. It's ALWAYS at 1.00 and never moves. This isn't normal is it?

I was reading a little about some resistor or what not, so could that be it?

I was beginning to think I had MAF problems at first but I figured I'd take a look at this first. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Could be lots of things but you can take the resistor off your suspect list

When the resistor starts failing you'll see lean conditions.

ez112

Established Member
It does seem to be a MAF issue. I returned the canned tuned PCM back to stock and now my LTFT's are 1 at WOT when before they were well under that.

Let's see if a real tune helps me out...

ez112

Established Member
Well I was gonna wait til my tuner came back to me with some information, but he never did. Pay extra to get the tune, but the review/adjustment is gonna take all week with no responce...

Anyways, I don't know what more the tuner did but take out a bunch of timing. He adjusted for my new BA2600 MAF, and there is a NOTICEABLE change and it's a dog now. A/F is even LESS than before. A/F in the 8's according to the log.

What else can I look at to see whats screwing me up?

ez112

Established Member
Whats limp mode?

I mean the truck behaves perfectly fine is the thing. Runs drives fine. WOT, it's still fast and doesn't hesitate or ANYTHING!

I just changed plugs about 3000 miles ago? Fuel filter last year.

I maintain it pretty well so I thought?

Users who are viewing this thread