I swear I have the worst luck in the world!

PM-Performance

Established Member
Yep that’s how corsa’s are built. Honestly though, once it gets covered in carbon inside you won’t really notice it and once on the car you gotta basically get on ground to see them

I am not sure what that black looking stuff around the tip is. It should be a weld bead but it doesn’t look like it lol

And yea that’s pretty much how mine sounded. My gf at the time said the corsas had to go. I did not argue with her. Lol

there is no black stuff. It’s just open and spot welded on that muffler. I dozed the pictures small since this site has problems hosting.
I’m gonna go drive it more. Not sure how I feel yet.

Islandcat

Established Member
I know what you mean.

Can I handle this? I don’t use it all that often. It’s not that bad. Those thoughts went thru my head for the two months I had mine

PM-Performance

Established Member
So I drove it more today. Drove for like 45 mins and I have realized it forces you to be cognizant if your throttle position more. Maybe a good thing?
I went WOT and blew the carbon out and good lord! Lol.
I’d say anything below 40% throttle is pretty tame and easy to deal with. 40-60% it’s just raspy. WOT will make angels fall from the sky. Lol

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
As mentioned on the other forum I had the same visual concerns with my Corsa Sports but you can't see anything once on the car & once their used a while. A blown Cat did damage one of my Corsa's which I had to resolve with "Dremel Surgery" cutting it open to remove Cat chunks. When I was chasing that internal rattle Corsa was great on the phone but I didn't have my receipts from a few years prior so I did the repair. Six months later a new Corsa Sport was delivered to my door free! I cannot complain about the folks at Corsa!

PM-Performance

Established Member
As mentioned on the other forum I had the same visual concerns with my Corsa Sports but you can't see anything once on the car & once their used a while. A blown Cat did damage one of my Corsa's which I had to resolve with "Dremel Surgery" cutting it open to remove Cat chunks. When I was chasing that internal rattle Corsa was great on the phone but I didn't have my receipts from a few years prior so I did the repair. Six months later a new Corsa Sport was delivered to my door free! I cannot complain about the folks at Corsa!

See yours are not as extreme with the pipe poking out though. I guess that is nice they followed through. I would not want to wait 6 months though. lol.
Thanks for the advise. I did have to double check the part numbers on the cans themselves to make sure they did not send Xtremes by accident since you said mine seem louder at idle than yours did. They look fine unless the wrong pipe was welded on the wrong can and labeled wrong. lol. Seeing how the tip wasn't welded, this may not surprise me if this was the case. hahahaha

PM-Performance

Established Member
So the official word from Corsa is that they do not fully weld the tips. They say whomever fully welded the one was more an error and not the non fully welded one.
They offered a decent credit and Lethal matched it as well so I am content.

thanks to all for their input.

enormous

Established Member
I figure that would be their reply. It doesn't really matter either way, since it is only cosmetic and unseen.
You may consider 18" resonators. My SS ones were installed at a private custom shop in Mount Clemens Mi for $120.00 USD and made a notable difference.
Greg at Great Lakes Performance if anyone is interested in good Custom Exhaust guy.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I figure that would be their reply. It doesn't really matter either way, since it is only cosmetic and unseen.
You may consider 18" resonators. My SS ones were installed at a private custom shop in Mount Clemens Mi for $120.00 USD and made a notable difference.
Greg at Great Lakes Performance if anyone is interested in good Custom Exhaust guy.

I mean with the discount, I can swallow it. For retail, I would have sent them back in a heartbeat.
If you gonna pay the price, the quality gotta be there.

many reccomendation on brand of resonators?

HPLouis

Established Member
These are the FRPP/Borla axle backs and the pipe shows in the tips too.

IMG_3301.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So the official word from Corsa is that they do not fully weld the tips. They say whomever fully welded the one was more an error and not the non fully welded one.
They offered a decent credit and Lethal matched it as well so I am content.

thanks to all for their input.
Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread