I saw the '04 Cobra last night

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
I was wondering what that was all about in the city last night, I drove by there on my way to lower manhattan and saw the gt350 outside and creamed myself

Brad

Banned
Ohhh.. thats nice.. they were toying with mystic gold a while back too, that was also "nice."

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Damn

:shrug: Now I have another reason to have a change of mind, I have a 10th Anniversery on order.

I really like that Chrome Illusion pain

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
I hope the sticker for Mystic isn't too bad. How much did people pay extra for the 96 Mystic Cobra's??
I know the C5's in milenimum yellow were $1000 more that other C5's. That I could live with.

I think that may be the Cobra I get.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Just got off the phone with SVT and they said the 04 Chrome Illusion Cobra will come standard with chrome wheels, the seat inserts will match the paint as well. There will be only 1000 produced and he said the 10th Anniversery will be $1500 more than a regular Cobra and he figures the same increase for the 04.

The gentlemen said the paint will change from green,blue,purple,&black.

The car will be released in the fall.

And I will be waiting again because I am cancelling my 10th Anniversery order for an 04 Chrome Illusion

lethal

Established Member
I'll be happy for all those who want that 04. It will be interesting to see if they do make the car a little more powerful. I don't see why or how they would. They have already done all the engineering their going to do and aftermarket blowers exist for this car. I almost thought that I would have rather had one, but I'm really glad I have the color I have.

I like the mystic, but its not for me. If I were to ever crack that car up we're talking lots of money to repaint. Of all the Cobras of this "generation" -- this will be the garage queen for sure. I bought mine to raise hell on the weekends and that's what it is suited for.

I hope they don't add $5K to the price for the 2004 Mystic. I am a little pissed that Ford leaks out the anniversary and this Mystic late. If I really did want one of them, I'd be screwed. Good luck to all those that get them, give them a great home and please drive them =)

Later-

Lethal

NastyWS6

Established Member
Not a bad color but not too sure I would want one. Too many color changes in it that look terrible.

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Wow ....Only a 1,000 Mystics??!!
You know dealers will milk that one !
$1500 more .........doubt many dealers will stick to that MSRP !
But definitely, that ride/paint combo would even stand out down here in S FLA !
Definite eyebrow/hell-raiser !

frank3si

Established Member
>>>I am a little pissed that Ford leaks out the anniversary and this Mystic late.

Think how the Mach 1 guys feel. They were more or less led to believe their carw would be collector's items with a run of 6500. Ford now announces it'll be a 2004, and they're even adding "Screaming Yellow" and "Competition Orange" to the paint schemes.

I almost bought a Mach 1, but decided against it because they didn't have the orange or other cool colors, as just the blue was special to the '03 Machs. So, I wound up getting a Cobra instead. And boy did I make the right choice - '04 Orange Machs or not! :thumbsup:

Frank

SnkEyes

Mystical SVT Poster
Established Member
The mystic paint was only an $815 option in 96. From what I remember there was not a markup on several cars that I saw. I wouldn't count on the same luck this time though. I would expect a $5K markup on top of the sticker being raised $1-2.5K in larger market cities. Hopefully a couple will hang around and decrease the want.

IMOP go for the Mystic if you want a collector car.

krman68

Established Member
Frank,

I was at the Hammerstein Ballroom also. It was awesome. Ford put a nice event together. The lime green 68 GT500KR was mine.
I may have talked to you.

My fav car was the Blue 67 GT500 out front with the 427 side oiler, dual 4 barrels and duel paxton superchargers. The next day we were all loading our cars to go home and he fired that bad boy up. Man that thing sounded phenomenal.

Did you talk to John Colletti? or Parnelli Jones? Great guys.
All in all it was a great time.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
From what ive heard, dealers may go for 10 over sticker for the mystics:( As for collectability, as soon as the next gen comes out, dont count on it.........traditionally any complete platform change kills the value. Youd be better off your 03 repainted like it then getting killed on the trade youd make for one. Also, mystic looks great durring the day, but when everyone "hangs" in the local lots or tracks at night, the artificial lighting usually looks TERRIBLE on color-shifting paint. I was quite dissapointed that ford is releasing the mach again next year-either make it MAINSTREAM and acessable, or one-year only exclusive. The bullitt guys are mad enough that so many of "their" parts went over to that car. Im actually glad I never had a customer buy one over sticker. But the dealers will try to whore out the mystic 04's and theyll get what they ask for em. Since my commission is capped at a certain point, i could care less if the car went for $1 over sticker anyway, im actually annoyed by the whole mark-up process. Id much rather be able to make a good deal on em-usually that would generate some new loyal customers for me(the wife's sport-trac, dads new expi, ect). If you already own an 03, i wouldnt get horney over anything till the 06 cobra is out. Any s/c cobra flat out rocks as it is now. I suspect any hp "increase" in the 04 is simply raising the number closer to what it actually has.......So hug your babys every night, caress em at the car wash, and VIOLATE that gas pedal every chance ya get:coolman:

frank3si

Established Member
Krman68, your car is absolutely beautiful! I don't think we talked - I missed the remarks, since my invite (in bold type) stated "Remarks begin at 8PM." We took the train up from Philadelphia, arrived at 7:35, and it looked like any speeches were already long over. Any idea what happened? Anyway, John Force was about the only one I talked to - Coletti was mobbed at one point then seemed to disappear. I wish I'd arrived earlier but there was nothing I could do to hit NY any earlier on a Tuesday. Still had a great time - how did they know to contact you about your car?

Frank

Will's97

Established Member
How did you guys get invited to that event?
I saw that mistic last year at the SVT headquarters durring the Woodward Dream Cruise. Did you guys like the seat inserts?

krman68

Established Member
I got invited because Ford selected my Shelby as a display vehicle. Apparently Ford contacted some Mustang and Shelby club presidents. Pics were submitted and i was one of the lucky bastards that Ford chose. Ford treated me fantastic - hotel accomodations, trailer storage, etc... I was impressed.

Regarding the interior - It was difficult to see the inserts that well due to the lighting and the windows being up but from what I could see they were cool looking - not too loud.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Bastards!

:mj: Man! I been drooling for a blue mystic cobra convertible for 6 months waiting to hear what they had planned for the SVT 10th anniversary cars. When I heard they weren't doing any in Blue (and no blue interior), and no mystic, I passed and went with a Sonic 'vert. What else could I do? :shrug:

Bastards! I coulda drove my beater for another year and had me a Mystic 'Vert! Bastards! I been dreaming about that for a damn long time! :gt:

Now how the heck am I gonna convince the wife to let me trade in a perfectly good (and waaay expensive) new car on a MORE expensive new car?? :??:

Man, she would get mad at me when I would talk about my '03 while I was still waiting for it to arrive!
She would say "I am so sick of hearing about that car! I wish it would just get here already! :cuss: "
And I would say "yeah, me too :rolling: "

She's gonna freak out and kill me if I even mention it. I better just forget that I saw it or read anything about it... find-a-happy-place, find-a-happy-place...:cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread