I saw a 05 Mustang being tested on Rosemead Blvd.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Katza: The concept was designed in Cal. not the production version which was designed at Ford in Michigan.
It was 2 seperate teams who designed 2 different cars.
The production was already done, before they created the concept this time. If you noticed the red coupe that was around, had a different front end etc. That was shown at Pebbles last year, and went thru a design change prior to NAIAS 2003.

So they could pick and choose what to tease you with.

The production has the fogs (gt) in the grille. 4.6L 3v with 300 est. hp.
Just confirmed is the 4.0L V6 from the Explorer.
has the fake filler badge on the rear.

The headlights were a sealed unit even on the concept. They always had the "clear cover" on them.

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
Originally posted by Boomer v3.8

The production has the fogs (gt) in the grille. 4.6L 3v with 300 est. hp.

More than likely Ford will make it 2800 or something just to be dicks, and maybe keep insurance rates down

jwfisher

Banned
Originally posted by SVTman74
More than likely Ford will make it 2800 or something just to be dicks, and maybe keep insurance rates down

Yea, you go over 3,000 HP and the rates really go up on street cars.

But, I'll wimp out here and say I'll settle for 2,800.

jwfisher

Banned
Seriously, thanks for the info on the '05.

But, DO NOT loose your job over this - your company has certainly signed a non-disclosure agreement and that covers you as well.

BTW, a Ford financial analyst briefing a few months ago confirmed the 4.6 3v engine for the Mustang. So, that much is known. Anybody looking for more details on what that engihne is likely to produce should read the material on the 5.4 3V. It's easy enough to do some extrapolation.

CobraRLC

Established Member
Well out of the blue, this morning on the work again I saw the masked Mustang running southbound on Rosemead Blvd. I guess since it is a more common sight that I might get a chance to take a pic......

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
This will be more common....

Now with over 10 mules/finished handbuilt prototypes...

You'll see this more and more frequently.

What we really need to see is the finished product running around :) but that won't happen till at LEAST the unveiling in January.

cobravert03

Why? Because it's funny.
It's interesting where you see test cars sometimes. I was traveling south down I-77 out of WV a few months ago and got passed by a procession of about 6 Lincoln LS's with masks on their fronts and rears. They all had Michigan manufacturer plates on and had a 2000-ish model Mustang GT riding chase, also with manufacturer tags. Have no idea where they could have been going...

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraRLC
Well out of the blue, this morning on the work again I saw the masked Mustang running southbound on Rosemead Blvd. I guess since it is a more common sight that I might get a chance to take a pic......

This is like the 5th post where you said you might bring a camera along next time, or you might think about taking a pic. If your memory is that bad, leave the camera in your car:beer:

Squeeler92

How much do you think those bad boys will cost when they finally ARE released? Will the dealerships inflate the prices like WHOA...? (heehee, always wanted to say that...).

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
With it being a mass production car....anyone who pays markup...
(this should be on any car reall) is an idiot.

I can see dealers try, but just go somewhere else...
Ford makes what 130,000-230,000 a year give or take....

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
There are a few test tracks for Auto Mfgr's in the middle of the Mojave. Honda by far is the largest in SoCal. They were testing a high power S2000. Super charged or Turbo. The drivers have to keep a certain route and have to drive certain speed for a specific time and log everything. Interesting what the do for testing. The drivers do laps for hours soethimes on cars. They will run at 120 then have to slam on the brakes and come to a stop for 10 seconds then bring it back up to 120 as fast as they can and criuse for another hour and etc.

CobraRLC

Established Member
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It is a hit and miss deal. There is no set schedule to these sightings......plus I am driving on a moving hwy...

Users who are viewing this thread