I saw a 05 Mustang being tested on Rosemead Blvd.

CobraRLC

Established Member
I was on my way to work this morning and saw a sleek car driving down Rosemead Blvd. I always keep an eye open, since I have figured that Ford does road test up and down Rosemead Blvd. The Mustang was entirely covered up with black material so that one would not see all of the design lines of the car. It was definately a 05 Mustang. In the past I have seen the new
T-Bird , Mach 1, and even a Ranchero style vehicle cruising down Rosemead Blvd. The majority of the time the vehicles are all plugged in with monitors and measurement tools. I figure that since Rosemead Blvd. runs from Long Beach (ocean) to Pasadena, CA (mountains) it is an ideal testing ground for surface street testing. I will try and see if I can get a picture if I see it again.:burnout:

rhumbline

Established Member
Granted it was covered up a bit, but can you share any details? Did it seem to resemble more the concept car or perhaps that CAD drawing that's been circulated? Or different from either?

CobraRLC

Established Member
I did not see it rolling down the road today, but they do a couple of test before rollout to the dealers. What I can tell you is that the front end did resemble the fastback nose. Also if appeared that it was painted silver. I will try to get a pic the next time I see it. As for other sightings, I did see a T-Bird being tested today.

Z06KLR

If you see these vehicles you should take pictures. You might be able to make some dough.

CobraRLC

Established Member
I think that I will have to leave earlier for work and set up with my 35mm with the zoom. I saw the Masked Mustang again today all in maquerade. He was pulled off on the side of the road waiting for a T-Bird and a Lincoln LS. I was heading northbound and all three of them were heading southbound. I guess that I will have to go covert and wait them to get some photos.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraRLC
I think that I will have to leave earlier for work and set up with my 35mm with the zoom. I saw the Masked Mustang again today all in maquerade. He was pulled off on the side of the road waiting for a T-Bird and a Lincoln LS. I was heading northbound and all three of them were heading southbound. I guess that I will have to go covert and wait them to get some photos.
lol you sound like a cop
next time you see him try to race him !

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Rosemead Blvd...? Along which section of Rosemead? I work in the City of Rosemead off Rosemead Blvd...

CobraRLC

Established Member
ox03,
Generally I have seen the 05 right around the Rush street or near the 10 fwy. I have seen it three times now, but not for the last 3wks.
CobraRLC

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Holy cow...That is right down the street...I'll keep my eyes peeled...

CobraRLC

Established Member
Nearly a month has past and today wihile driving to work up Rosemead Blvd. I saw this dark ghost rolling down the road. I took a double take and reconized the form of the car. I was the 05 cruising south bound near Las Tunas. The one noticeable feature was that the entire Mustang was masked. Not even the wheels were visible, from top to bottom and bumper to bumper. It was definenatly the 05 testing again. I guess that I will be bring the digital camera along to work again.

2000-S6

Established Member
sorry for off topic question, but why would ford be in socal, and not michigan or AZ? are there facilities there? i'm just curious. i know mazda is in irvine...
thanks,

CobraRLC

Established Member
That answer is beyond me, but I have seen several new vehicles being tested here in SoCal. Maybe it is the Socal weather?

tnadoman

Established Member
Before the new generation Rams were released I would see them on a consistent basis from western Kansas to Denver. They were driving interstate 70. There would be 2 or 3 different model Rams in red with black wheels. Through me for awhile why they were out here instead of Detroit but I guess the drive up to the mountains and on the plains would be beneficial and maybe highway fuel mileage stuff.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I saw them testing one of the new F-150s out here in the Valley a while ago. It was all black, covered up in all that black plastic junk. I could still easily tell what it was. Dude was stuck in traffic on Ventura Blvd around 5 o clock one afternoon when I was out in Sherman Oaks. He had some computer equipment sitting in the passenger seat as well. Didn't give the snake any recognition.. :shrug:

Tweaker

Established Member
WOW! Rosemead Bl. Used to live on that street in 1977. About 5 houses down from Longden. Used to build and test Mustangs then, '71, '70, '73. Wonder if Ford saw me? Raced for Folger Ford in Monrovia.

Katza

Established Member
Originally posted by 2000-S6
sorry for off topic question, but why would ford be in socal, and not michigan or AZ? are there facilities there? i'm just curious. i know mazda is in irvine...
thanks,

The design firm for the 05' Mustang is based in Los Angeles...I'm sure they do a lot of testing in SoCal...

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
I saw about 6 or seven GTs and V6 today. They resemble the concept. but have a clear lens over the lights to make it flush. And the GT Have huge fog lights, like where the old gt500 had em. I could not and will not take pics. I could lose my job. of couse the only ones I saw where autos. but the interrior is very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread