I pick up my first cobra tomorrow! Can't believe the day is finally here.

awakened

Established Member
I have always wanted a terminator. My first child was born the year they came out so no chance at that time. 13 years later and I am now in a position to finally get one.
I am renting a car for a one way drive from Pennsylvania to Virginia tomorrow to pick up my dream car, a 9,000 mile DSG convertible. I have already made the round trip drive once to check it out and it is beautiful. It comes with all the mods that I would have done to a stock cobra anyway: Polished Stiegemeier ported Eaton, Accufab Oval TB, JLT CAI (Paint matched), Afco Heat Exchanger, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, long tubes with Magnaflow cat-back, CDC Light bar, HRC springs, 10.5 rear replicas, and other misc. supporting mods. Its only about a 215 mile trip so I am driving it home. I don't plan on racking up a huge amount of miles on it in the future but I will also not be afraid to drive it. I will try to post updates of my trip for those interested. I have loved reading stories of people getting their cobras on this site so I thought I would share my experience. My test drive of this car was only the second time I had driven a cobra. The first was another car that I looked at before deciding on this one. In the big scheme of things those two test drives were very short so I am REALLY looking forward to the solo 3.5 hour ride home where its just me and the car getting used to each other for the first time.

BMSTNG

Established Member
Congrats and Good luck with her, looking forward to hearing about your trip home. I know when I got mine the trip home was one of our best trips ever. Even my wife agreed lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
In the big scheme of things those two test drives were very short so I am REALLY looking forward to the solo 3.5 hour ride home where its just me and the car getting used to each other for the first time.

I highly doubt it's going to take that long.:rolling:

AnarchyVA

Established Member
I see where Hi End now has an 04 Orange for sale with 20,000 miles. Nice.

Congrats on your purchase.

I got one about a month ago. I've had to take care of a few issues but I love it overall.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Congratulations, Jim! I had an opportunity to see a pic of his car and its stance is perfect. Welcome to the SVT family. Looking forward to you posting up pics when you get her home. Enjoy the trip.

fangin2u

Established Member
Good for you. Terminators are great cars. i bought mine new and love it as much as the day I bought it. Make it a family affair, going to car shows and such. Again congratulations.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Congrats man, sounds like a very nice car. Nothing better than a WOT pull late night on an empty Interestate in a Vert Terminator. 120 with the top down feels like 160+. Take your time getting used to the power, that ported Eaton with a lower is instant 500+ wheel torque and will have you sideways before you know what happened, especially in fall weather on cold pavement.

awakened

Established Member
Congrats man, sounds like a very nice car. Nothing better than a WOT pull late night on an empty Interestate in a Vert Terminator. 120 with the top down feels like 160+. Take your time getting used to the power, that ported Eaton with a lower is instant 500+ wheel torque and will have you sideways before you know what happened, especially in fall weather on cold pavement.
Thanks for the advice. I have a healthy amount of respect for that motor. I will take my time getting used to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! And I, too, hope you have a really enjoyable drive home. No doubt you will. You might find yourself wanting to extend that 3 1/2 hour drive home. :)

I read through your mods. VERY nice list. Definitely mods that you'd probably want to do with a stock Terminator. Enjoy!

TP03

Established Member
Congratulations! I'm envious, I wish I could go back to my first ride home and do it again and again. What a great day that was. Enjoy the ride!

stangfreak

Established Member
man I remember the first time I took home my cobra back in 03. I drove everywhere lol. I can't believe all that time has passed. I remember getting the thumbs up everywhere and my neighbor who had a GT was so pissed off I got a cobra lol. enjoy the car and have fun

GDDYUP

Established Member
Sweet! I just bought an 03 Cobra coupe with 60k on it about 4 weeks go. I share your enthusiasm for sure! You'll enjoy it!!

Users who are viewing this thread