I passed!!!!!

blk96slowbra

Established Member
After 6 1/2 years of schooling and another intense few months of studying I have passed boards and am now an official Physical Therapist!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Congrats man, my girlfriend is currently in her DPT program as well. Definitely not easy stuff.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
What school did you attend. Im in my junior year in Bio/Kin and will be pursuing PT school as well

Sent from my office in the Bureau

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's great Andrew. Congratulations! And, you picked a great field. Do you plan to open your own office, or is that maybe something you might want to do in the future? I wish you the best!

blk96slowbra

Established Member
Thanks everyone

What school did you attend. Im in my junior year in Bio/Kin and will be pursuing PT school as well

Sent from my office in the Bureau
I went to Maryville University in St. Louis, MO. It's well known for its Physical Therapy in this area.

That's great Andrew. Congratulations! And, you picked a great field. Do you plan to open your own office, or is that maybe something you might want to do in the future? I wish you the best!
I probably won't open my own office. To many hoops and bs stuff you have to deal with.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
Good for you :beer: I'm getting some PT on my elbow (after surgery), and the guy that's helping me makes it seem so easy and fun, that it makes me wonder how hard it could be for me to do it... but 6 years plus, no thanks!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Congrats OP! Now when can you hook me up? Tired of walking with a limp, my massive hang daddy throws my balance off all the time, my back hurts too lol

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
DPT here with the loans to prove it. Congrats man. My recommendation, as long as you're looking for an outpatient setting, is to get with one of the bigger corporation type companies, CORA or Physiotherapy Associates are examples from Florida. That way you get used to seeing a large number of patients and hone the all important skill of multitasking. Then when you start going to CEU classes, find those PT's that already have established clinics that they own and get to know them. Then when you are done with the corporation owned clinics you can get with the privately owned practice guys and maybe open up your own clinic, under their billing number and work toward buying into the practice. Being your own boss is the way to go, but as you know, trying to open up a clinic on your own is very difficult. Or if you want to just make money, find a SNF and work all the overtime they will give you. A little vasoline in the nostrils will help with all the pee and poop smell that I could never seem to get away from even hours after being home.

wht93gted

Established Member
congrats! now fix my neck!

I'm currently going to PT for neck strengthening exercises to hopefully slow the degenerative discs in my neck and stop the bone spurs that are invading my vertebrae.

blk96slowbra

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Necks and the spine were not my strong point in school so you're probably better off without my help.
I'm currently working in a SNF that I did a clinical at. Pay is definitely better there than outpatient clinics.

Users who are viewing this thread