I noted more and more new edge mustang 99-04 at the race track now

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
sound like they ran out off notch back foxbody . Foxbody notchback are sky high right now . Time to find me a clean 02-04 GT for 3-4K before price shoot up.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Other than the 03-04 Cobras and Bullitt, I don’t think mustangs from 99-04 will be commanding any more money than they are now. There isn’t anything particularly special about them that drives collectibility.

Clean Mach 1’s and 99-01 Cobra’s will too imo. I have noticed the prices starting to rise on those around me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GodStang

Established Member
I know a lot of guys buying them with intentions of dropping a Coyote motor in it. Most never do but that is the claim when they buy it.

sound like they ran out off notch back foxbody . Foxbody notchback are sky high right now . Time to find me a clean 02-04 GT for 3-4K before price shoot up.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I seen the video where the guy talk about how easy it’s to drop in a coyote in an new edge .

Til this day I still think the new edge look a lot better then the foxbody . Can’t beat the look of the terminator . I am right ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I appreciate a clean foxbody, but I have no interest in owning one. I'd get another 70 fastback first. We'll have a 98 for sale soon. Hopefully we can get a few bucks for it.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Other than the 03-04 Cobras and Bullitt, I don’t think mustangs from 99-04 will be commanding any more money than they are now. There isn’t anything particularly special about them that drives collectibility.
The same was said about the Fox at one point.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The fox was a generational car and was wildly popular in its day. It is Gen X’s 69 Camaro. And the fox body has character which sadly the 99-04 do not.
I agree about the Fox. My Mustang search a few years ago started out looking for an 89-93.

I'm the oddball that kept seeing the New Edge and decided I wanted the lines it offered. I hated the jellybean look of the early SN95, but when Ford changed the look in 99 I fell in love. I could see a retro look, as well as the chiseled appearance of the Fox.

The biggest downside of the New Edge GT is that it is SLOW. The SOHC Mod Motor isn't very mod friendly. It takes a lot of effort and money to get those heads breathing enough to actually perform.

Looking back, I should have picked up a Mach 1. I wanted a convertible though. That also swayed my decision away from the Fox. I don't like the convertible Fox bodies.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Edge bodies are dirt cheap and plentiful. Not uncommon to see V-6 less than $1,000.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Edge bodies are dirt cheap and plentiful. Not uncommon to see V-6 less than $1,000.
I have yet to see a V6 New Edge that wasn't beat to death. It's hard to find a GT in good condition. I searched for the one I have for about 3 months.

A cheap V6 New Edge would make a good starting point for a complete rebuild towards a drag car.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have yet to see a V6 New Edge that wasn't beat to death. It's hard to find a GT in good condition. I searched for the one I have for about 3 months.

A cheap V6 New Edge would make a good starting point for a complete rebuild towards a drag car.

The project cars guys stripped to the shell and started to build up, before losing interest, are showing up pretty regular.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
I love the new edge's, best looking mustangs to date in my opinion. Sure 2V's don't have the potential of the Cobra/Terminator, but with the right mods they are no slouch. My 00 GT was a mid/bottom 11 car with a cheap Vortech SC kit and some bolts-ons. Super fun to drive and never left me down, still miss that car.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Anytime I see either one, New Edge or Fox at the Track I'm excited and have to go see what's going on under hood lol, but Only seen a couple of each recently

I had a 96 Jelly bean awhile back that I stripped down, put slicks, full PI swap with all bolt ons and that car got more attention at the Track than my GT500 haha

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I seen the video where the guy talk about how easy it’s to drop in a coyote in an new edge .

Til this day I still think the new edge look a lot better then the foxbody . Can’t beat the look of the terminator . I am right ?

New Edge GTs are the ugliest mustang since the Mustang II coupe.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Anytime I see either one, New Edge or Fox at the Track I'm excited and have to go see what's going on under hood lol, but Only seen a couple of each recently

I had a 96 Jelly bean awhile back that I stripped down, put slicks, full PI swap with all bolt ons and that car got more attention at the Track than my GT500 haha

If I had more room I'd keep the 98 we're getting ready to sell and turn it into a track whore. I have enough parts laying around I could come up with something I'm sure.

Recon

Established Member
Not my favorite modern mustang but it’s still a very nice looking car. And I think the 2V is the best sounding mod mustang engine, and probably can’t be topped with the Coyote based cars. Hopefully I’ll be buying my buddy’s 2V soon. He’s tried to restore it to the best of his abilities with the income he makes (SS), now it’s my turn in finishing the restoration. It was the nicest high mileages car I’ve seen until he sold it to his grandson who proceeded to destroy it. Back in his hands he’s done what he could, now I’ll finish it and build it into what he’s always wanted, luckily it’s pretty much where I want it too.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread