I need Your opinion...

To diffuse or not

• Ford GT diffuser

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • GT500 rear bumper/factory diffuser

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
The idea is to place a ford gt diffuser onto a s197 rear bumper and place the licence plates on top instead of the bumper and either have the exhaust come from the side of the car or straight thru the hole where the licence plate used to be...

untitled2.gif

this one looks better...

car2done2.gif

Last edited:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Is putting this diffuser on the car for looks or function?

The GT500 diffused will diffuse the air more efficiently due to the peice being designed for that car. The GT diffuser may look cooler but is designed for a totally different car.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Thats different, I like your idea but I not a fan of side exhaust and I think the exhaust through the license plate might be a little much.

Is putting this diffuser on the car for looks or function?

The GT500 diffused will diffuse the air more efficiently due to the peice being designed for that car. The GT diffuser may look cooler but is designed for a totally different car.

It would be more for the looks rather than the actual function of the piece.

Red94SVT

Established Member
i voted for 1, with the exhaust out the original license plate hole i think that would look sick, kinda like a GT race car

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
i voted for 1, with the exhaust out the original license plate hole i think that would look sick, kinda like a GT race car

+1 couldn't agree more:rockon: It would be totally different than any other s197 on the road, and (to me) its all about doing something different. Also I think it would look really sick with the exhaust coming out of the license plate niche paired with the GT diffuser. Additionally I think that the exhaust with the relocated license plate would make that huge rear look smaller and more sleek. I love the idea, I say go for the custom look, I do not think you would be disappointed with it. :beer:

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Looks like a good amount of fabrication involved. Curious to see how you could pull it off though.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I think the idea is nice as long as its done right. It would be a shame to mess with the rear of the car like that if it didn't come out looking just as its supposed to. The idea is great though IMO. Gives it that more exotic look...

longrodLX

Established Member
i voted for option number 2. It looks sick and a lot different without looking cheesy. Do you have a GT500 or just a clone? Do you have a thread with more pics? from what I can see it looks absolutley sick

Fat-cat

Established Member
how are got going to get the exhaust up there... gas tanks and suspension parts are in the way. Deff a different idea but it would be a bitch to make it happen

Users who are viewing this thread