I need to calibrate my MAF

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I was under the impression that I'd only need a tune for my MAF to work with my new injectors, but apparently I also have to recalibrate my MAF. I've got an appointment to dyno the car on Monday. Anyone able to calibrate MAF's or should I just cancel my appointment and buy a new MAF? :shrug:

MikeW

Established Member
Your Maf transfer function will need to be set for the new injectors. It can only be changed by a tuner or if you had the SCT Pro Racer kit you could do it yourself. Best call Dave Guy @ SGS and tell him what you have going on.

Good luck :beer:

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Your Maf transfer function will need to be set for the new injectors. It can only be changed by a tuner or if you had the SCT Pro Racer kit you could do it yourself. Best call Dave Guy @ SGS and tell him what you have going on.

Good luck :beer:

I called SGS and talked to George... he said I need to get it calibrated :shrug:

Should I call back and talk to Dave?

MikeW

Established Member
I only referenced Dave because that is who you have listed in your sig.

The MAF will not be "calibrated" the maf & injector settings will be in the tune. Without my sct key for my PRP kit here at work I cant remember which injector option needs to be changed. My tuner sent me a value file that i loaded into my SCT PRP and it took care of the injector settings for me.

http://modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24347&highlight=injectors

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
The guy I talked to has a foxbody so he might just be mistaken. I'll call back and talk to Dave who is their tuner. I don't want to spend another $350 if I don't have to.

TRBO VNM

if you are using your stock MAF, yes, it is all in the tune and they should be able to send you a base file to get the car running and drive it up there. back in the day when I had my fox, yeah, the MAF had to be calibrated to the injectors.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
if you are using your stock MAF, yes, it is all in the tune and they should be able to send you a base file to get the car running and drive it up there. back in the day when I had my fox, yeah, the MAF had to be calibrated to the injectors.

I don't have a stock MAF and all I have is a flip chip with no hand held tuner. This is the MAF I have

http://www.wmsracing.com/pgi-ProductSpec?PRM-95034V42

I will be trailering it up there for the tune so I only need it to run good enough to get out of my garage and on a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread