I need some HELP PLEASE

ScubaTermi

Established Member
OK Let me try to explain the best I can, the car runs great under normal driving but if I do a 1st through 3rd pull as soon as I power shift into 3rd the car seems to loose power almost like no boost, so I started watching the 2 boost gauges that I have and they are reading vacuum but only 1 maybe 2#s of boost under load and this is constant,so question is could my boost bypass actuator be bad and not closing or staying partially open when I go to 3rd , or could it be in the tune and the tune is telling the BPA to open under load. I have checked all the lines and even had a vacuum/pressure pump on the lines and nothing, my gauges will even show boost(with the pump only). So please help I am completely lost. Where should I start. I called Ford and a new BPA is 180. I am not looking to just throw parts at it.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So being stock can I assume you do not have a hand held tuner that can also read codes and data log? They are a great diagnostic tool.

Is your i/c fluid resv, full and circulating? Over heated i/c fluid will cause the pcm to pull timing and I believe also bypass boost.

Lots of pumps are failing lately now that they are getting old.

Blackedout

Established Member
$180.... they must have given you the wrong price... I'm on my 3rd and it was around $60...

ScubaTermi

Established Member
No I am no 2.76/ported blower,intake, exahust, and tune. No check engine lights at all, but i will check the IC pump as well,it is still wierd that i am showing little to no boost at all, Thanks

ScubaTermi

Established Member
$180.... they must have given you the wrong price... I'm on my 3rd and it was around $60...

I work next door to one and I had them print off a schematic of the blower just to be sure we were on the same page, I will have to check around thanks

Blackedout

Established Member
When mine was having its issues I never got any codes.... It would be fine one minute and then it would fluctuate...

ScubaTermi

Established Member
How could you tell it was out? did you show boost on your gauge?

Last edited:

Blackedout

Established Member
Gauge showed boost but it would go 15-8-12-4, but there were times it was fine or it wouldn't even go past 6...

Users who are viewing this thread